How many calories when lifting heavy?

Options
I started stronglifts 5x5 3 weeks ago. I've been eating at maintenance and have stayed the same weight but my body fat went down 2 pounds and gained a tiny bit of muscle. :)

Anyway, I would love to lose 5-10 pounds while continuing to build some muscle. Since I'm currently eating at maintenance, what percentage should I cut from my TDEE to lose 5-10 pounds?

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    The least amount assuming you plan on progressively increasing weight every workout per the plan. You're only in week three but you will feel it eventually, especially if you are cutting aggressively.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I started stronglifts 5x5 3 weeks ago. I've been eating at maintenance and have stayed the same weight but my body fat went down 2 pounds and gained a tiny bit of muscle. :)

Anyway, I would love to lose 5-10 pounds while continuing to build some muscle. Since I'm currently eating at maintenance, what percentage should I cut from my TDEE to lose 5-10 pounds?

I would aim between 10-15%. Or if you don't care about the weight and don't mind a recomp, then keep things the way the are.