Why am I not losing any weight??

Options
2»

Replies

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    dmn6789 wrote: »
    You guys are so amazing! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for all your help. It's so hard to get this support sometimes. Okay after reading all of your suggestions, I think that weighing my food is key and I prob should start measuring myself. I can't wait to start these changes. Hoping that it really works! Thanks again everyone!

It really does work if you weigh everything you eat accurately and consistently everyday to be certain of the number of calories your taking in everyday. Accuracy and consistency is the key.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    loafer0303 wrote: »
    Don't go too mad with the protein. You need to work out what's best for you for the lifestyle you are on.
    Calculate the three main sources, carbs, fat and protein. Too much protein and the body converts it to glucose anyway.
    I'm on keto and it's important to have the percentages right for the three mentioned. It's easy to work out.

Also something I've really got on to in the last year, water rentention. Most of us think we drink enough water, I sure did, but I was wrong. I used to drink 2lts water per day, I upped it to 4-5lts and lost 8lbs in two days
    Seems most of us hold between 4-8lbs of water when dehydrated.
    Try upping you water, you'll prob shed 5lbs straight away.

Good luck
    Macros aren't really a concern for weight loss... Calories are.

Also, follow your own body when it comes to drinking water. I personally follow this chart:
    https://bigchangesthroughsmallchallenges.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/urine-chart.png

This way, you'll end up drinking enough water for you.
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    dmn6789 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone so far for your suggestions. I did just open my dairy which I automatically realize that I'm probably not tracking EVERYTHING and accurately. I've been working harder for about two months so I think it definitely has to be my tracking and measuring. I just have to be more strict with it.

I went through the same thing. After buying a food scale and measuring more accurately, pounds started falling.