Lipid success story

Options
haviegirl
haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
I'm 53 years old, 5'5" tall, CW 145 pounds. I've lost 30 pounds so far on MFP, with 15 more to go to hit goal weight. I started four months ago, right before Christmas. I've been eating 1200 calories (net), walking five or more miles daily, and lifting weights with a trainer twice a week. I look and feel great.

I had fasting labs drawn last week for my yearly physical. I'm so happy with my results. I mean, check out those triglycerides!!!

7/2014 Now
Total cholesterol: 209 172
HDL 32 41
LDL 120 114
Triglycerides 287 83
VLDL 57 17

My doctor kept saying, "This just doesn't happen!" Meaning, most of her patients don't lose weight and change their eating habits. She was super happy, and I am too. I'm hoping the HDLs go even higher over time.

Replies

• mamafazz
    mamafazz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congratulations on such a great success!
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Keep it up :smile:
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    haviegirl wrote: »
    I'm 53 years old, 5'5" tall, CW 145 pounds. I've lost 30 pounds so far on MFP, with 15 more to go to hit goal weight. I started four months ago, right before Christmas. I've been eating 1200 calories (net), walking five or more miles daily, and lifting weights with a trainer twice a week. I look and feel great.

I had fasting labs drawn last week for my yearly physical. I'm so happy with my results. I mean, check out those triglycerides!!!

7/2014 Now
    HDL 32 41
    LDL 120 114
    Triglycerides 287 83
    VLDL 57 17

My doctor kept saying, "This just doesn't happen!" Meaning, most of her patients don't lose weight and change their eating habits. She was super happy, and I am too. I'm hoping the HDLs go even higher over time.

Awesome!!

I need to see my triglycerides down they were about the same as your start I think. And my HDL was a little tad bit low too last labs. My total is a fantastic 150 though(not a big meat eater, but trying for iron deficiency problems. :wink: )I'm walking at least five nights on treadmill at the gym plus doing weight circuits. :smile:
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    haviegirl wrote: »

7/2014 Now
    HDL 32 41
    LDL 120 114
    Triglycerides 287 83
    VLDL 57 17

Omg! That is great! I know I had my physical too and everything came back normal. I just have to keep losing weight with a blood draw in six months to see if I can lower the pre diabetes! So I am so stoked I don't have diabetes! Yay me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!