Share your Lamb Curry recipe please

Options
adriansloan
adriansloan Posts: 25 Member
Does anyone out there have a really good (not drowning in cream or butter)recipe for Lamb curry that they would like to share for tonight's dinner?

Replies

• eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I just use Madhur Jaffreys vindaloo recipe but cut back on the oil/ghee. it's better with the oil of course (isn't everything) but it adapts well - i do the same for most curry i make i just cut back on the oil (and look for ones that use yogurt because that makes it rich at a lower calorie count) Lamb Korma is nice with far less oil than most recipes call for
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I cut this back to 2 tbs oil its still excellent (it's the recipe from her first book)
    http://www.sheepscreek.com/recipes/lamb_vindaloo.html

I'll add controlling portion size is a big aspect of making it work.
  • adriansloan
    Options
    Thanks Eddie will give it a go. Going to have some mini naan instead of the full size ones.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    There is one on the MFP page Lamb Curry
  • adriansloan
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe tip.
  • paulgads82
    paulgads82 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Is using coconut milk ok? I only make curries with it. As for recipes I tend to make them up as I go along. Just made one using a Tbsp of all spice, cayenne, ground coriander, cumin, 2 cloves, 2 cardamon pods, fresh chillies, salt, pepper, tsp ground turmeric, 400ml coconut milk, 10 cherry tomatoes. Fry the onion, seal the lamb, throw the rest in and cook. I like to slow cook lamb over 3 hours or more.
  • paulgads82
    paulgads82 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Forgot that I don't actually fry the onion just chop it and it goes in with the rest. Means no oil.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    paulgads82 wrote: »
    Is using coconut milk ok? I only make curries with it. As for recipes I tend to make them up as I go along. Just made one using a Tbsp of all spice, cayenne, ground coriander, cumin, 2 cloves, 2 cardamon pods, fresh chillies, salt, pepper, tsp ground turmeric, 400ml coconut milk, 10 cherry tomatoes. Fry the onion, seal the lamb, throw the rest in and cook. I like to slow cook lamb over 3 hours or more.

If you load your recipes into your recipe builder, you can tell if it works for your diet or not.