new feeling for me - anxiety over missing a morning run... what?

Options
wonko221
wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
This morning i was scheduled to go out and run Week 7 Day 2 of Couch-2-5k. Since starting the program, i have not missed a run; until today. Had a rough night and poor sleep, and overslept this morning.

What surprises me is my reaction. I've actually been feeling bad about not getting up in the morning to run! This is a whole new experience for me. I have NEVER wanted to run, before this program, and now i actually feel disappointed in missing a scheduled run....

Tonight, after work, i'm going to hit that trail and complete the program, and Friday morning i'll be back on track.

Just wanted to share my bemused realization that i not only want to run, but i feel anxiety when i fail to!

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I remember when I first had that feeling! I was so looking forward to watching the sunset during a run after a really stressful day at work. I got stuck in traffic for HOURS and was so upset there was no getting me out of my bad mood, all because I missed a run!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    You got the bug. :smiley:

For some runners, their entire day revolves around their run.

No run = Crazytown
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the JOY of exercise.
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    No need to stress... you can always make time to run in the PM.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Uh, oh. Sounds like exercise fever. I prescribe two slices of pizza, some chocolate, and 8 hours of binge-watching Game of Thrones.
  • wonko221
    Options
    Chikipiwi wrote: »
    No need to stress... you can always make time to run in the PM.

I was committing to making the run this evening during my morning commute to the office. Stress is minimal; i was just surprised to feel any stress at all. I've NEVER been disappointed in not running before in my life... :/
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    hill8570 wrote: »
    Uh, oh. Sounds like exercise fever. I prescribe two slices of pizza, some chocolate, and 8 hours of binge-watching Game of Thrones.

That sounds so perfect.

• 737jac737
    737jac737 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a dream a hurricane was coming so I went to the grocery store for supplies and taste tested all their cheese, then stole a bunch of cheese. I woke up sweating because cheese is not on my diet and couldn't fall back asleep. I finally did, but then had to wake up at 4:50 AM to drive my dad to the airport. When I got home I was exhausted. I missed my morning run, but I felt GREAT waking up at 8:15 am. Since I do weights and Zumba in the evening, I can't really run or my body aches too much. So I missed my run too. We can feel guilty together.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I don't ever feel guilty about missing a run, but my students always ask why I'm always pacing around the classroom like a lion in the zoo
  • wonko221
    Options
    I don't ever feel guilty about missing a run, but my students always ask why I'm always pacing around the classroom like a lion in the zoo

... and when i casually eat a student, the rest stop asking impertinent questions!
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! This is a totally foreign feeling but i LOVE it.
  • sy8jr8p
    sy8jr8p Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just got done running my first marathon on saturday and i have not run yet to let my body recover and i so want to run. I am totally excited to run tomorrow morning.
  • wonko221
    Options
    sy8jr8p wrote: »
    I just got done running my first marathon on saturday and i have not run yet to let my body recover and i so want to run. I am totally excited to run tomorrow morning.

Congratulations, marathoner!

One of these days i'll be on that road, too!
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    wonko221 wrote: »
    This morning i was scheduled to go out and run Week 7 Day 2 of Couch-2-5k. Since starting the program, i have not missed a run; until today. Had a rough night and poor sleep, and overslept this morning.

What surprises me is my reaction. I've actually been feeling bad about not getting up in the morning to run! This is a whole new experience for me. I have NEVER wanted to run, before this program, and now i actually feel disappointed in missing a scheduled run....

Tonight, after work, i'm going to hit that trail and complete the program, and Friday morning i'll be back on track.

Just wanted to share my bemused realization that i not only want to run, but i feel anxiety when i fail to!

I think it's a normal feeling for anyone that has a regular exercise routine, and has to miss a day. I know it certainly it for me. Been that way for many years.