Bariatric noob, it's hard work

Options
2»

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's your body, you decide what you need to do.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Sicnic5150 wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Hi, missed the drama the first time. I had RNY two years ago and the surgery was a life changer for sure. There is a VSG/RNY/Sleeve group on MFP but I can't link it by phone.

At this stage from your surgery in March you should be seeing some significant changes. Exhilarating isn't it?

Sure is, I've lost 42# so far, it is a great feeling but at the same time the shock to my body diminishes that great feeling at times. I didn't do it to get skinny or force myself to eat well, I did it to ease my pain from my injuries but that system shock I mentioned has made my pain worse. Either way I smile everyday because I konow as long as I have hope I'll always be happy.

Thanks for your kind words. B)

And I just found the group, didn't know there was one. I was new when using the app and navigating to find stuff. Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.

could you please share the link to that group? thx!
  • Sicnic5150
    Sicnic5150 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Hi, missed the drama the first time. I had RNY two years ago and the surgery was a life changer for sure. There is a VSG/RNY/Sleeve group on MFP but I can't link it by phone.

At this stage from your surgery in March you should be seeing some significant changes. Exhilarating isn't it?

Sure is, I've lost 42# so far, it is a great feeling but at the same time the shock to my body diminishes that great feeling at times. I didn't do it to get skinny or force myself to eat well, I did it to ease my pain from my injuries but that system shock I mentioned has made my pain worse. Either way I smile everyday because I konow as long as I have hope I'll always be happy.

Thanks for your kind words. B)

And I just found the group, didn't know there was one. I was new when using the app and navigating to find stuff. Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.

could you please share the link to that group? thx!

I can't get the link for it but this is the name of the group:

Gastric ByPass/VSG/LapBand

You'll find it if you type that in
  • Sicnic5150
    Options
    Hi, I just had the sleeve gastrectomy done on March 14th, and it isn't easy and it's definitely not cheating to reach your weight loss goals. It's a tool to get your head around proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle living, granted it does get you ahead of the curve toward reaching the finish line. It's a lifetime commitment to maintain this new way of living and it's HARD WORK WITH A 0 TO 100 LEARNING CURVE LITERALLY OVERNIGHT.

So I'm here to get support from own bariatric community as well as those who are living happy healthy lifestyles already or are just starting that journey. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN THE GARBAGE OF NEGATIVITY I'VE BEEN READING ON SOME POSTS this is not a bandaid or a crutch, it's a super charged tool some of us had to reach for to move past our previous failure of living healthy. For those of you who aren't a fan of this tool I assure you we ARE WE ARE NOW VERY COMITTED IF NOT MORE THAN YOU ARE. Failure is not an option anymore and shaming anyone for any reason is just outright FOUL! END DISCLOSURE RANT LOL, BE HELPFUL NOT HURTFUL!

I truly am in love with this app and it's it's saving my life, I love the support being shared and making like minded buddies! We are collectively what makes us successful in whatever our journey and I look forward to being part of yours. :#B)

I am all for any way you can accomplish your goals. It is not easy for anyone to lose and maintain weight loss, no matter what route you take to get there. Most of us have real lessons to learn, and teach ourselves about how to become, and stay at a healthy weight. The reason I did it without any type or surgery is because I am too cheap. So I found MFP, in March of 2012. Proceeded to lose and learn along the way, and succeeded in losing over 160 pounds and have kept it off for over 2-1/2 years now.
    Every...............single...............day..............is a challenge. It is hard, but well worth the effort.
    So, go for it, any way you can.

That's just fantastic Snowflake. I'm proud of you for making such an accomplishment.
  • Sicnic5150
    Options
    knjitters wrote: »
    Hi.. I was sleeved on 9/2. Its for sure always a fight.. I am learning everyday its all me and not my sleeve. My sleeve helps me dont get me wrong but I have never had any issues with food and I am starting to be able to eat larger portions. Need to reevaluate why I started this journey and always be mindful of my choices!

Oh I've never really had a problem with food either knjitters, sugar yes but not food. Although I do see that I was likely doing some emotional eating and didn't make the connection that I was doing it. The sleeve Def helped me become aware of that habit quickly and now I know immediately before I even take the 1st bite of food I don't need to eat.

This app has helped me more than my sleeve has by holding me accountable for everything I eat which has turned into better food than ive ever eaten before. the sleeve has helped in the obvious way by keeping me on Ketosis to drop weight quickly, can't say I hate that but I didn't have the surgery to get skinny I had it to get to a healthy weight so I could recover well from risky spinal surgery.

I know how much in control of this journey I am now and I'm grateful. Also grateful for the wonderful support from other MFP users...shoot even the ppl with harsh words are valuable to me in my journey.

Thank you for your reply.