Options
13»

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    lisaishere wrote: »
    I actually DO weigh my food and measure it when possible. At work in the office - if I grab a banana from the deli I do not. But that's a good point. Maybe I will skip fruits and get pre-measured things like a simply 100.
    Do you use the scale for all solid and semi solid foods and leave the cups/spoons to liquids only?
    Even pre-packaged foods aren't accurate. Weigh all meats/grains/pastas/vegetables raw. Weigh peanut butter/butter/mayonnaise and use cups for liquids only. Even spoons can be off.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    lisaishere wrote: »
    Alarae21 wrote: »
    I'm 5'3 and while we don't have the luxury of a slightly higher TDEE in comparison to a sedentary taller person, it would only make a hundred or so calorie difference.

The real deal is tightening up your logging. A small deficit can be easily wiped out with meals you can't determine the calories for- often they contain a lot more than you think! Trust in foods you make yourself.

If you want a treat, don't deny yourself it. Just make it fit! Go for an extra walk. Don't just eat it, earn it :)

Just did a TDEE from http://mytdee.com/:

It says: 1920 is my TDEE, and

We suggest the following for your goal to Lose Fat
    1536 Calories per day

Your goal weight of 125 lbs can be reached by:
    Sun, Jan 15, 2017

Or, 36 weeks 4 days from today

I'm confused now? Maybe eating 1500 calories a day is better than eating 1200?? Which is what I am trying to do? MFP - put me at a 1200 per day net calories goal.

I'm 5"8 and 148lbs and that calculator gave me similar numbers to yours, I chose lightly active.

Your TDEE is:
    Calories per day
    We suggest the following for your goal to Lose Fat
    Calories per day
    Your goal weight of 143.1 lbs can be reached by:
    Sat, Jun 18, 2016
    Or, 6 weeks 2 days from today