Plateau - need advice please

I started my weight loss right after Christmas. The first month I only gave up alcohol and lost 6 pounds. Then in February, I started doing yoga 4-6 times per week. I work up a sweat at every class and I can feel my body getting more toned. I have lost 7-10 more pounds, depending on the day (it has been fluctuating back and forth between and 7 and 10 for the past month). I eat pretty healthy, but I know I could do better.. Right now I am drinking green juice for breakfast ( juicing 2 apples, inch of ginger, 1/2 lemon, 1 cucumber, handful of kale), a banana for morning snack, 3 eggs and 2 pieces of whole wheat toast for lunch, peanut butter as afternoon snack, and I'll do bean tacos, or stirfry for dinner... I feel like I can't get my weight lower than 210 pounds. Advise please! Please be kind

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Nowhere in that do you say you weigh your food
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    do you use a food scale?
    are you logging accurately and consistently every day using that food scale and correct entries?

are you logging exercise? eating back those calories? if so how many?
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    you have to eat fewer calories than you body burns. Do all those "healthy" things you eat add up less calories than your body burns in a day? If not you will not lose weight.
    Here is the help you need.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest
  • lauren478910
    lauren478910 Posts: 5 Member
    I don't normally count calories. I just try to eat a plant based vegetarian diet. I'll try logging my calories and see what happens! Thanks everyone!
  • action_man
    action_man Posts: 21 Member
    Echoing the "log your food" advice.
    There's few things more frustrating than feeling like you're doing all the right things and its not working. The things you listed are all fine things to be eating, just make sure you're accurately logging to make sure you're not eating to much. Spend a few weeks focusing on accuracy, and if you don't see results, then something's getting miscalculated. It could be food items that you're miss-logging, or it could even be your estimation of your daily caloric burn. Scale back your intake by 100-200 calories a day and see what happens. Eventually the scale will start moving again.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    I don't normally count calories. I just try to eat a plant based vegetarian diet. I'll try logging my calories and see what happens! Thanks everyone!

You definitely should use MFP to log what you're eating. Side note, make sure to weigh all your food. It's life changing.

This. Eating clean or vegetarian does not guarantee weight loss. Actually, I gained most of my weight on the clean vegetarian diet because I didn't weigh or log my food.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member

There's your issue. You're eating too many calories if you're not losing. Doesn't matter if it's plants or anything else - too much is too much.
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Track your food and make sure you eat at least 1200 calories a day. Do not forget to get protein in your diet and add some resistance training to your fitness routine
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member

Yolo