any trick to calm down hunger

Options
2»

Replies

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    jvrnaeem wrote: »
    Can't see your journal. Are you actually eating enough? Are the foods you are filling yourself with satiating enough to keep you full?
    Actualy m eating burrito without beans rice chees and any sauce.with chicken but m feeling crazy hungry all tim

Eat the beans. They'll help you feel full longer. Is the burrito your lunch or dinner? Try some nuts as a snack, or another protein, hard boiled eggs, string cheese. Yogurt with fruit or cottage cheese are also good. You might be better off spreading your food throughout your day, and grazing, rather than 3 meals. When I was working it would take me 2 hours to eat my lunch; I'd just pick through it so it would lasts long time and then I wasn't hungry for a long time after.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    So instead of the burrito, put your meat, beans, veggies, guacamole on lettuce.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Can't see your journal. Are you actually eating enough? Are the foods you are filling yourself with satiating enough to keep you full?

This. If your eating mostly quality foods you shouldn't be hungry (unless on purpose). I'm allotted about 2200 calories (if I exercise) and am normally finding a calorie deficit around 600 calories. So one of my missions today is find food that is nutritionally sound and calorie dense to make that gap a little smaller.
    That being said, on the weekends when I tend to "let loose" I easily surpass my calorie goal because of the crap I eat. Delicious, delicious crap.
  • Cave_Goose
    Cave_Goose Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Look for high fiber and high protein. These take longer to digest than carbs & fats. So you feel fuller longer.

When I was trying to loose weight I found the goal of losing 1lb a week was too much--I was always hungry. Changing my goal to losing 0.5lb a week helped tremendously.
  • ljocker
    ljocker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I intermittently fast (no calories for 16 hours). I start the day with water, coffee and a tonic of one tbsp each of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.
  • ReadyWillingEager
    ReadyWillingEager Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hot drinks like tea and coffee hel me. Veggies like jicima and cucumbers and super good and low calorie snacks (top with lemon or lime juice...yummmm..)

Also, I like eating pretty much all day. 3 smallish meals and two snacks works for me. I also fluff up lunch with lots of veggies.