Someone needs to tell me NO!!

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've learned that when I start to think of a food, I must avail myself of the opportunity quickly or it will snowball into a disaster. I've had free candy available at the workplace since I've been there, which is 3 years, and in the beginning of my mfp experience I consciously did not deny my sweet tooth a visit to the candy bowl. It took about a month before I got to a point one day when I thought to myself, "It's that time of day. I don't want it." I counted and logged every bit of candy I ate. You must also weigh and log everything you eat. Put 1 oz of chocolate, sometimes milk and sometimes dark, in your plan for the next few weeks each day. It'll be an easy transition when you just don't want to bother with it.

Also, your experience with Weight Watchers taught you that some foods, like fruit, don't count against your point total. That's not the case with calorie counting at mfp. Fruit lives matter, so count them, log them, and devour them.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Don't let your mood from the gym dictate what you eat, weight loss is more about calories than exercise.

Patience and persistence wins this particular race.

My mood after a workout of any intensity and duration is exultant joy at having survived.