Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Mistaken or misheard lyrics.

Options
DWBalboa
DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
So here's the deal. How many of you have ever been singing or heard someone singing a song and had the lyrical wrong?
Share with use your goof.
Here's my first.
My daughter when she was a wee little one thought the lyrics to Bon Jovi's You give love a bad name was, "Shot to the heart and your to blame, you give love a band aid."

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I live in Italy and my husband and his friends thought "Let it be" was "Lady B". They were so upset when I told them the truth. My husband said "Lady B" was more romantic.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My sister thought it was the white man has the power instead of the wise man has the power.
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    You give love... a bandaid
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    "I seen her in a smoky room" instead of "a singer in a smoky room" from Journey. Even worse because I hate when people say "I seen".

And this funny cup
    iijel6z55599.jpeg

LOL... I need that cup!!!
  • Char231023
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    So here's the deal. How many of you have ever been singing or heard someone singing a song and had the lyrical wrong?
    Share with use your goof.
    Here's my first.
    My daughter when she was a wee little one thought the lyrics to Bon Jovi's You give love a bad name was, "Shot to the heart and your to blame, you give love a band aid."

When I was younger I thought it was "Shot through the heart and your too late".
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    My son use to sing "Life is a Highway" as "Life is a Hallway".

Myself, CCR'S "There's a Bad Moon on the Rise", I sang it as "There's a Bathroom on the Right" for an embarrassingly long time.
  • kbaker001
    kbaker001 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Someone I met long time ago, thought that the lyrics to AC/DC Dirty Deeds was "Dirty Deeds Thunder Chief"
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    Id really love to see you tonight.
    I use to think that that it was "I'm not talking about the linen" instead of "I'm not talking about moving in."
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a mistake but I had a manager that would sing "All and all you're just another prick with no balls" instead of "brick in the wall"
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I heard "Proud Mary" as "Primary".

Big wheel keep on turnin'.
    Primary keep on burnin'.

I still think it makes sense. The primary burner is functioning and they don't need the backup. Or something.
  • Char231023
    Options
    Myself, CCR'S "There's a Bad Moon on the Rise", I sang it as "There's a Bathroom on the Right" for an embarrassingly long time. [/quote]

I don't think you are the only one who thought that.
  • Jruzer
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Myself, CCR'S "There's a Bad Moon on the Rise", I sang it as "There's a Bathroom on the Right" for an embarrassingly long time.

I don't think you are the only one who thought that.[/quote]

Yup.

Also, in "Proud Mary", I had a friend who misheard "Pumped a lot of 'tane" as "Humped a lot of babes"!:blush::
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    il_340x270.908222065_eb6u.jpg
  • Rainbowsunshine26
    Rainbowsunshine26 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Jess glynne - don't be so hard on yourself no, because I'm just 'heart munching' in my own

(Listen to it!)
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Options
    My daughter thought Sharp Dressed Man was
    Shot Glass Man

My brother thought the song that says Needle In The Thread Can't get you outta my head
    said needle in the bread.
  • Jruzer
    Options
    Mrs Jruzer apparently thought Van Halen's "Panama" was "Girl in Love."

I've listened to it a few times since then and I still don't hear what she thought she heard.
  • JDubbs2
    JDubbs2 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    I Love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Correct: I knew he must have been about seventeen
    Incorrect: I knew he must have been about 7' 10"
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Options
    I used to think Dude Looks Like A Lady
    was Do Me Like A Lady... Lol