Trying to lose weight when you're already at a "normal" weight

Options
2»

Replies

• rachelwilliams355
    rachelwilliams355 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm same situation. I'm at the high range for BMI (im at 24 and i believe 24.9 is the highest BMI considered normal) im 5 foot 4 at 140 lbs. I just finished my first week tracking I set to 1 lb a week at lightly active. I lift twice a week and work as a nursing assistant... So I eat back my calories from tracked steps at work 4 days a week, avg shift is 13000 steps, and I stay pretty close to the goal those days, but the other days I tried to keep at the calorie restriction given to me but I was STARVING every day and just had to go over because I was too hungry and over ate 500 calories. I somehow lost 1.1 lbs and I believe it because I VERY rarely have seen under 140 in the last year... Only a handful of times.. It was ususly Andre between 140 to 146. Finding the right balance when you're already fairly healthy is difficult and I don't think I can lower my calories any lower than 1700 without feeling constantly hungry. I think when you get to a certain point it's better to focus on other measurements such as waist line.... I my gw is 125 and I think for my first 5 to 10 ish pounds it's going to be more about cutting down snacking and making healthier food choices... I think the last 5 to 10 will take much much longer... But by exercising more ill see changes in appearance and not the scale. It'll probably be similar for you too.. And realistically feeling and lo
  • rachelwilliams355
    rachelwilliams355 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking good are more important than a number
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    5'4" went from 125 to 112. I was actually really chubby at 125, and do not really consider this for me as vanity pounds. I was lugging around quite a bit of fat on my small body and I needed to be stronger and replacing that fat with muscle was key for me. I weigh less, look bigger and feel better.

I lift weight 6 days a week. I do cut and bulk cycles (no recomp for me again, this took way too long to gain muscle and fat at the same time.

So you can call it vanity pounds, or pounds that you just hate carrying around because you want to build muscle to be stronger fitter and leaner, I personally do not see one thing wrong what that.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Meticulous logging is necessary! Since you are working with a smaller deficit, loose logging (even being off by 100cals a day), can really hinder your weight loss.