How come i didn't loose weight this week?

Options
barbie934
barbie934 Posts: 20 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So I've been watching what I eat and logging everything I eat and I've stayed under 1200 a day. I think I don't want to go to far as far as weighing my food that's kinda to far for me. No offense to anyone that does that .The problem is that I lost 4 pounds last week, and this week I stayed the same and I'm not to sure why? Also I have a fractured ankle in witch I can't workout or go running, sucks but I'm watching everything I eat to the extreme at least I think.

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Perfectly normal. Also those 4 pounds you lost last week could have been fluctuations in water weight/food and you've gained some of it back and then lost a bit more making it look even. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're stuck for over 2 weeks at the same weight.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    And if you're stuck at it for more than two weeks, you should probably start weighing your food cause you're probably eating more than you think, since you're not measuring.
  • barbie934
    barbie934 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I mean a scale because I don't weigh my food I do measure I guess I eat small portions thru out the day .
  • lewiswinston22
    lewiswinston22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't measure my food either and I been losing weight every week
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    barbie934 wrote: »
    Well I guess I mean a scale because I don't weigh my food I do measure I guess I eat small portions thru out the day .

You'd be surprised at the difference lol. I know I was.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Watch this quick video and then decide on weighing your food.

https://youtu.be/XpHykP6e_Uk
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I don't measure my food either and I been losing weight every week

That just means you're good at estimating, it doesn't mean a scale isn't a useful tool for many who are struggling.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Watch this quick video and then decide on weighing your food.

https://youtu.be/XpHykP6e_Uk

This. Everything about this. It's not obsessive. If I don't weigh my food, I don't lose weight. My deficit is around 250 calories, so when I don't weigh my food, I can easily overestimate my calories and hit maintenance. I'd rather weigh my food and lose weight than estimate portions and not lose at all.

And one week is nothing. Without loss for over 6 weeks is a time to reassess calories. Also, high sodium, time of the month and a new exercise regime can cause fluid retention. Relax.

Weight loss is not linear. Sometimes you'll lose, or gain or stay the same. Weight goes up and down during the day, too.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Weight loss / gain is not linear - it varies day to day due to tons of variables (what you ate, what you drank, how much you ate, how does your body react to fat vs carbs vs protein, meal timing, whats happening with your body, when you worked out, etc. etc. etc.)
    The main idea is that the general trend should be decreasing on a cut, like the graph below. Just stay consistent, and you will get there.

weighttrendgraph1.gif
  • jemzyw01
    jemzyw01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Maybe your not eating enough .if you dont your body stores what you have
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    jemzyw01 wrote: »
    Maybe your not eating enough .if you dont your body stores what you have
    That's not true...sorry.
  • jemzyw01
    Options
    Ok dont need to be rude
  • jemzyw01
    Options
    I have met loads of people that dont eat enough and when they eat what are supposed to they lose weight .
  • jemzyw01
    Options
    Facts speak for themselves
  • ubermofish
    ubermofish Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    jemzyw01 wrote: »
    Facts speak for themselves

"facts"
  • jemzyw01
    Options
    I was trying to help and share my opinion i wont bother anymore .