Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Can you shape your body to look like someone you seen ?

lizzelspark
lizzelspark Posts: 178 Member
I'm curious is it possible ?

Replies

• lizzelspark
    lizzelspark Posts: 178 Member
    I would love someone's input but don't really want to post my pic
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Probably is possible to an extent, but there are many different body types, so not everything is adjustable just by diet and exercise. You shouldn't aim to look like anyone else anyways, be the best version of yourself! Work on what you want to improve on yourself for yourself x
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    You can try to develop certain muscle areas, but your heredity determines what's going to happen from there.

For example, my husband used to be a big guy. He had no butt, even 70lbs overweight. After losing weight and working his body like crazy, he is no longer overweight. He was not, however, able to develop big glutes. Still no butt. The muscles that are possible to be toned there are toned, but he will never have any butt whatsoever, unless he goes the Kardashian route.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    With surgery. Ask Jocelyn Wildenstein.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    If you have an identical twin yes you can
  • Ensmardj
    Ensmardj Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2016
    It isn't possible because of genetics, yet you can be the best version of yourself. Probably someone will like to look like you when you get there. (if you aren't there yet)
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    on6iwoms19dc.png
    You mean, like this?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    edited May 2016
    Your shape is genetic. If you're not genetically "shaped" like the someone you've seen, you're not going to attain it. Just like I can't grow taller even if I wanted to.
    What you can do is take what shape you have and enhance it to it's most optimal conditioning to see improvement. This will usually be having bodyfat around 20%-25% and some resistance training to "harden" the muscle underneath.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    No...

Here's a good article someone posted on my news feed recently on this:

https://www.t-nation.com/blogs/stop-trying-to-look-like-someone-else
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Probably not.
    If you have a similar height and body shape to begin with you can get similar results. If you are 5" shorter with different bone structure, fat distribution, etc then you will probably not ever look like that other person.
    If you are trying to look like a photoshopped celebrity photo you need to realize that even that person doesn't really look like that.
    You should try to look like a healthy fit version of yourself not someone else.