Was doing well, but 1 cookie led to 7,000 calories

Options
Wepz
Wepz Posts: 39 Member
I have been doing very well for the last 30 days, I have consistently hit my calorie targets, but today, I had reached my calorie limits, but wanted 1 more cookie, I said to myself, "1 cookie won't hurt"....

Now here I am 7,000 calories later.

Replies

• Bedg
    Bedg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Get back up on the horse. You may feel awful, but you have not undone all of your hard work. Time to forgive yourself and March on!!! I give myself this pep talk from time to time.
  • Rushbrook60
    Rushbrook60 Posts: 95 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Awww and now I get the friend request. I had one of those days today where something upset me and I stewed on it...dragged myself to the gym, didn't do as well as always, and by the time I got home, I wanted to cry and eat chocolate and pizza.

Believe it or not, I got past it and ended up making a delicious steak stir fry, and the pizza menu went back in the draw.

Something I learnt today is that everybody has these kinds of days and as long as it's not habit, you aren't going to go massively off track. From what I can see of your diary, you seem to be doing VERY well and you should be proud of yourself for it. Just accept this as your treat day and jump back on the band wagon tomorrow. You'll be just fine...one takeaway and a few too many cookies won't put you back to square one and it's fixable.

Chin up :-D
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Today's another day to start fresh.

What's up with your diary? Looks like it is mostly quick adds?
  • Aubrey_Montgomery
    Aubrey_Montgomery Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yesterday i was doing great! Then a late night hospital trip witg my husband led me to sonic... Chicken tenders, cheesesticks and ice cream.

It happens to everyone. Just get back to it!
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wepz wrote: »
    I have been doing very well for the last 30 days, I have consistently hit my calorie targets, but today, I had reached my calorie limits, but wanted 1 more cookie, I said to myself, "1 cookie won't hurt"....

Now here I am 7,000 calories later.

I've said to myself that one piece of pizza won't hurt. A whole pizza and thousands of calories later.... bleh! Some things are addictions, whether physically or mentally. For some it's beer; for you it's cookies; for me it's pizza. That's why I avoided really good pizza. I chose to stay away from it because 1 piece was never enough. I'm seven months into this and have developed a lot of self-discipline so I'm now able to splurge occasionally. When I first started, that was a different story. I chose to distance myself from cheese and pizza because I lacked self control. Perhaps you need to keep cookies out of sight, for the time being, by letting them stay on the shelves at the store.
  • chastitysuggs1
    chastitysuggs1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know the struggle all to well. Mine started off with 3 Oreo cookies that fit in my calorie plan and then it turned into just 3 more that put me over my limit and then that turned into just 3 more. Then I went for the chocolate chip cookie dough icecream. Then I found my way into some cheese and crackers and then a bag of cheddar ruffles and then topped it off with some sugary cereal. And all that was on top of all the healthy food I had today that already had me close to my calorie limit. I did all this within about 2 hours and I afraid I just let loose the binge monster. I haven't binged in a couple months but I'm feeling pretty bad about myself right now
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You know the best time to pick up and get back on track -- right now. I love the proverb -- fall down 7 times, get up 8. That being said, I really, really try to stay away from cookies. I am the original cookie monster, and they just set off binging behavior for me. I hope someday to be really mature, and outgrow this, but just for today, it is easier to just not eat them. I've had the experience (just like you) that it was the first cookie that "got me off track" (because I never stop at just one). So just for this one day, I'm not eating them (and they are really every where in my place of work)!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of raising your base calories up to the minimum standard of 1500 cals/day instead of 1000, which is even lower than the minimum standard for women? Maybe that would help with you not binging up to 7000 cals.
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This thread is like "True Confessions"...and yes, I confess too after a crazy binge last night. Today has been much better and tomorrow will be even better...d*mn it!!! Onward we go.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't know you but if you are typically consuming a target of upwards of 3000 calories, I can see how you'd have the capacity to drink enough Karo syrup to reach 7000. (I've actually seen a girl do that). But holey moley I have been obese all my life and I can't imagine eating that much. Still, the simple math is that the new fat and new sodium with it's new water can be resolved and gone in 2 weeks. Get back on the plan and change your target end date.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've done somewhere between 4-5 thousand calories once over at a Cattlemen's restaurant (steakhouse here in California). 14 ounce ribeye, bread, salad, fried onion appetizer, and pan cookie for dessert all to myself

But 7,000, wow that takes some doing
  • callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    There was one donut yeaaaars ago that did me in after losing about 30 lbs and getting down to a lean 145 lbs at 5'6". The reason I know that is because immediately after that donut I said "whatever, I was doing really well anyways, I'll just stop tracking now." Then I beat myself up about it, and kept eating because I felt bad. Then I felt bad because I kept eating. It was a vicious cycle and the pounds kept creeping up and up. Now after 5 years I'm at the highest weight I've ever been and I have finally forgiven myself enough to tell myself that I am only human.

And MY GOD, junk food companies load the *tasty* food full of addictive additives, and the like. It's not crazy to assume that breaking the habit of overeating your favorite foods is going to be difficult at first. But that's okay! As Merrysix mentioned above, "fall down 7 times, get up 8."

Just keep on keepin' on, my friend, and learn to forgive. Like Lauren Conrad said "I want to forgive you and I want to forget you." Haha!