Couch to 5K for Obese?!

Options
2»

Replies

• scriptie
    scriptie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Will walking regularly help you avoid knee problems when you do start running? I was obese when I first started running and stopped when my knees started hurting (a few days in). I have been too scared to try again, but I have lost 20lbs since then - but my knees seem to take a beating whenever I go hiking more than a few miles :/.
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I did the C25K last year then re-did from week 5 and progressed to the 10k trainer this year. I'm running my first official 10km next weekend and am seriously considering the Melbourne 1/2 marathon in October. I'm still classed as obese with another 7kilos to lose before I can say I'm just overweight
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 234 lbs (at 5'8), and I've started C25K, but I added extra steps on to it because I'm really out of shape. For instance I just walked for two weeks, then When I actually started the program, I jogged every other time it prompted me to. Then I redid week one jogging every time. Just take it slow, don't over do it.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I started when I was overweight, not obese. But I still had to repeat weeks. Start where you are. Don't be afraid to repeat weeks. And monitor how you feel. The first time I ran for 5 minutes straight, I felt awesome. It took a while to get there.