Kind of gross question! But please read!

Options
2»

Replies

• witcherkar
    witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The fact that you're even curious about this concerns me....

No, I want to go to nursing school one day and have lots of medical questions that when the opportunity arises, I ask. I HATE pooping. I couldn't do it all the time. Once when I was 14, I would hold my poop in 24/7 because I think it's gross and I didn't go for a month straight and had to go to the hospital for pain and take an extreme laxative. I hated that. But seriously I was just wondering the science.
  • paganvegan
    paganvegan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have ibs d but have never really lost weight due to it. Just my 2 cents
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    witcherkar wrote: »

No, I want to go to nursing school one day and have lots of medical questions that when the opportunity arises, I ask. I HATE pooping. I couldn't do it all the time. Once when I was 14, I would hold my poop in 24/7 because I think it's gross and I didn't go for a month straight and had to go to the hospital for pain and take an extreme laxative. I hated that. But seriously I was just wondering the science.

If you think stools are gross, I don't think nursing is a good career choice for you.

Yea.....you will have to deal with poop a lot lol
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    hiyomi wrote: »

If you think stools are gross, I don't think nursing is a good career choice for you.

No kidding.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    hiyomi wrote: »

And from the stories my nurse friend tells me, it's never the nice kind of poop.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Basically can I eat again is what you are asking?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    It depends how soon after you ate....
    if its an hour later for example, your body will have pick up some nutrients.. (I would think)
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    What was the famous 70's singer ... Karen Carpenter. She died from thinking she was overweight and taking too many laxatives. Scary and sad.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options

That sounds like a glorious poop.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have been a nurse for 30 years. Oh, the poop stories I could tell you...