Go to your settings and turn off 3/4 of your notifications, your mfps don't need to know...

Options
Hi!
I would turn off all notifications other than when you lose weight, activities and day streak!

I've been on mfp for 60 days, lost 15lbs and have 50lbs to go!!

I'm always open to positive fun people who don't mind a fun humorous post in their feed...I'm also working more on my macros, the first 15 was easier to lose, now time to really get the diet on point.

I eat 1550 cals happily, trying mild calisthenics and walking!

How about you?!

Replies

• AlyAlyAlyboo
    AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    The worst notification is letting all of your connections know who you've just become friends with!! People don't need to know that and it litters their feeds :)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Just checking in
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Alydalton wrote: »
    The worst notification is letting all of your connections know who you've just become friends with!! People don't need to know that and it litters their feeds :)

Why don't they need to know? Maybe they want to expand their circle of friends or have a group with common friends.
    I have alot of friends who have the same friends as me. It makes for a great supportive and like-minded group.

Welcome to mfp. Congrats on your loss so far.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Thx @Ninkyou ! :) you're right it's a personal choice...I think it's fab to have great support...I just personally I like to see the weight loss, days logged in and activities completed....many people become friends with others and that's great!! But my feed gets filled with "Nickyou became friends with so and so...Ninkyou became friends with so and so, etc...I see this about 50 times per mfp connection!! I'm happy for the friends that people make...Id just rather see progress in terms of "burnt xx calories" or lost 0.5 lbs etc :)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Common friends are great too! I encourage people to reach out to people they have things in common with too...I give referral with permission to knowledgable people :) trying to keep it positive and supportive :)

How's your fitness adventure going? What are your goals? :)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Also I looooove the design on the cupcake in your profile pic :) beautiful!