It's time to finally do something. Motivation please.

Options
baebabu
baebabu Posts: 214 Member
I'm tired of being overweight all my life. I'm tired of always being the biggest one in class, work, social gatherings, etc. I'm tired of hating my body and never doing anything about it besides complaining and putting myself down. I've done little diets here and there but never stuck with anything past a couple days or 2 weeks. I'm at the highest weight I've ever been and it makes me so sad that I let this happen. I was fortunate enough to meet the love of my life and now that we have been together for over a year, I realize that the future I imagine with him could be cut short due to health problems potentially. I want to grow old, travel, make many memories with him. Ones health is something to take seriously and I just realized that because I have something I want to live for now. With the slap of realization and reality I just got, I now need to change for good this time. For real this time. Let's do it! I'm 5'4 274lbs, my goal is to fet to my ideal weight for my height. Motivate me, give me the push I need when I'm about to give up. :)

Replies

• GeneralEvad
    GeneralEvad Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet. It's a life change. I have only been on here for a couple weeks but have lost 16# already and 30 over all since I began my life change. You can do it. Be positive and patient. It took me 20 yrs to get to 265#. I'm down to 235 now. It's taken me a year to do that. Be patient and believe in yourself. You can do it!
  • theestars
    theestars Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I know it's hard to find that 'mind set' to start taking steps to losing weight. I'm probably the queen of yoyo dieting. I have been struggling with my weight since I was 15. I got up to 180 when I turned 18, and stayed at that weight for a long time. Only over the last 2 years have I started trying to change my eating habits and start exercising regularly. I'm now at 145, but I'm struggling to find the motivation to get down to my goal of 120. I keep bouncing back from 145 to 140. I'm very lazy - and I enjoy food too much. lol

Anyway, feel free to add me. I'd love to help you out or give you some positive vibes whenever you need it. :)
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You have all the motivation you need inside yourself! You were strong enough to start your account on here, so I have no doubt that you can use that same motivation to bring yourself to where you need to be health wise! Love yourself for who you are in this moment right now, and move forward knowing you already have everything you need to achieve within yourself!
  • uthinkuknowme
    uthinkuknowme Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Focus on process, not results.

Too much attention on latter defeats the former. Change will come.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I sent you a friend request. First just try making tracking on this site a habit. Start changing your diet based on the calories and nutrient numbers the site is showing you. Don't give up:) Then find ways to be active and the weight is going to come off.
  • deanaferrari
    deanaferrari Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I understand that sentiment. I too have struggled my entire life with my weight. Motivation is something that comes and goes. Tools and successes will come and go (I've done all the diets, had the surgery, done more diets - all has failed). The thing I'm working to do now is to UNDERSTAND myself (I say this as something that may inspire you too) and figure out what I need that "eating" (it's not even about food really after a certain point, is it?) satisfies within me. For example: I need to stop my binges. Lately I've gotten bad about it again. I also need to add in exercise but when I exercise, I binge - it's weird. Why do I do this? What fear am I creating with exercise that "eating" neutralizes? This type of challenge is one I must work out. In the process, I will work to "commit" myself to better health. I've decided to become "sneaky" about exercise - I'm going to get a FitBit or other step tracker and reach for step goals rather than have full exercise "sessions" that trigger binging. I don't know if this mind shift exercise helps you but writing it out here is helping me. Good luck to you in reaching your goals!
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.