Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ideal weight for 5'11 female?

Hello, I was just wondering what a good healthy weight goal would be for me. I'm 5'11 19 years old and currently weigh 192. Thanks!

Replies

• It really depends on your build/frame and muscle mass. For example, I'm 5'9" and a "healthy" range is anywhere between 125 and 169--that's a BIG range. I've been on the lower end of that range and look like a bobble head and have absolutely no muscle definition whatsoever lol I look healthiest in the 150-160 range.

From the calculator I've always used, a healthy range for your height is anywhere from 133 to 179 depending on frame and muscle mass.
  • Okay great thankyou!!!
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    I'm 5'10 and currently 157 lbs - down from 190. My most current goal is 155 but may up that to 150lbs. I am more comfortable in my own skin now than I've ever been! I don't think there is a real answer - I think it depends on you and what you are comfortable with - don't be afraid to set a conservative goal and see how you feel when you reach that goal. I started out with a goal of 165, and when I got there, I saw how much work still needed to be done so I set a new goal.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    I am 5'11 and I used thsi site to determine my goal weight, which was initially too low. Seeing other REAL women, your height at different weights is great for making this decision. And, of course, your goals will change as you get fitter, but this is a great starting point.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?gender=female&height=180&age=any&weight=86&pantSize=any&shirtSize=any&bodytype=
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    according to bmi if you ar e 5' 11 and 178 pounds you are normal weight
  • okay awesome thanks guys
  • *bump

I'm 5'11" as well and I was looking on here to see what others were saying was an ideal weight for this height.
    I am more muscular and have an athletic frame and the weight I feel "normal and healthy" at is 165. It is thin for me and I look good. I got married at that weight and I didn't have any worries at all.

If I wanted to be more defined then I would shoot for 155lbs and that looks more athletic. But after having a child, not sure that is realistic - bodies do change as we get older.
  • lomille
    lomille Posts: 39 Member
    I'm 5ft 11 and the same weight as you are now. A few years ago I lost weight with weight watchers and got down to 14 7 lbs but I think that was too low for me and was to difficult to maintain. I'm aiming for me, I'm initially assuming for 160 this time.