The perfect breakfast

Options
keri141
keri141 Posts: 2 Member
I'm trying to find a good breakfast as I do enjoy them but sometimes never have time. Today I made a banana and apple smoothie with water, cucumber and lettuce (262 Cal) which was very nice but I'm wondering what else people have discovered works for them?

Thanks in advance :)
K

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I do a protein bagel (P28) and peanut butter. It's quick and easy.
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I love 2 pieces of wholegrain toast with lght philadephia cheese (garlic and herbs one) - quick, filling and only 160ish calories!
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    1 cup cheerios, 3/4 cup skim milk, 1 Tblsp flax or chia seed, coffee with 2Tblsp creamer. ~294 cal
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    2 Egg whites with baby spinach, turkey sausage, one slice of wheat or rye toast, and some fruit is my go-to breakfast. It keeps me full until lunch (about 5 1/2 hours) and only has around 230 calories.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with fresh berries is my new favorite! I eat a protein bar almost every morning too.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you need a quickie go for the shake with Casein for the start. Add your favorite berries and a bit of nut buyer or coconut milk for fat.

Otherwise I am am avocado eating maniac. I love my eggs and ghee in the morning. I don't eat bread and out side an avocado an occasional berries no fruit!
  • mappeal67
    mappeal67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Porridge, made with one part coconut milk, two parts water. Served with a dessert spoon of maple syrup, a dessert spoon of goji berries and a teaspoon of mixed toasted seeds. Delicious! And low in fat.
  • elga_thres
    elga_thres Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Overnight oat with milk, Greek yogurt, banana and berries/dates. Sometimes I add almond butter too
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    whole grain english muffin, a scramble egg, a slice of sargento reduce fat pepper jack, 1/4 of a smashed avacado on muffing and salsa.( preferably Targets restaurant style) YUM
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    A Sandwich thin , filled with one fried egg, 2 oz cooked ham and one slice cheese (320 cal). So filling due to all this protein.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My new favorite thing is avocado toast. I toast some rye bread, mix a tbsp Mayo and some siracha spread on the toast, top with half an avocado, sprinkle some lime juice, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Sooo good
    Sounds delicious, got to try
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Typical breakfasts for me- Greek yogurt, granola bar, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit (about 200-300 calories)
    Today I had yogurt and half an orange.
    Banana bread with peanut butter is pretty magical.
    If I want something warm then I like soup for breakfast.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Anything with a good balance of protein, fat, and fiber. Today was overnight oats with almond milk, caramel almond butter, and 3/4 scoop of protein powder.
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Coffee and a banana !
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    #1 A poached egg, slice of Canadian bacon on a toasted light English muffin topped with chia seeds.
    #2 Greek yogurt, with a tsp of each mixed in, chia seed, ground flax seed, unsweetened coconut.
  • fourmartinkids
    fourmartinkids Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    2 boiled eggs , mini cuc, yogurt , water
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ~150g vanilla greek yogurt + 30g peanut butter/almond butter mixed in.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt w/fruit on the bottom (today it was blackberry), 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, Fiber 1 cereal
    26 grams protein, 15 grams fiber all for 240 calories
    Keeps me full all morning!