Whatever works for you...

Options
Stevo_Ra
Stevo_Ra Posts: 21 Member
edited May 2016 in Success Stories
Ok so I've never put the before picture out there but what the hey if I cant do it here where can I do it?

I'd call myself a bit of a gym junkie now but my initial weight loss was purely calorie loss driven, no exercise. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone as I think its best to 'tone as you go' but as you can see it works.

I also did this a lot quicker than folk would have you believe is ideal AND I have kept off ever pound some 4 years later.

Started in July 2011 at 278lbs
Ended in April 2012 at 180lbs

After pic is me last year at 175lbs (my current weight and 4 years older than the 'fat me')

My point is, do whatever works for you its your journey.

y5umkvw3cv7f.jpg
fsdi0q16ypbx.jpg

Replies

• PaulaS1220
    PaulaS1220 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! And 4 years maintaining that big loss is amazing. Congratulations!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    AMEN! It is whatever works for you! That can never be said enough Congratulations! You look fantastic!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes!!! what works for you!! congrats on your success and the secret is finding what works for you. you look awesome.
  • dsmith221971
    dsmith221971 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    B)
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You look unbelievable! Congratulations!!!!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and what is even better is that you have kept it off! Congrats.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Great smile! Congrats on your weight loss!!
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic - you look great! Congratulations on the loss as well as the maintaining! And yes - each person has to do this his or her own way.
  • judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Good post. Many people think when they lose "X" number of pounds, they are finished and can go back to doing what they were doing before (or maybe that was just me???) You prove that the journey never ends. And congratulations on your journey!
  • Stevo_Ra
    Stevo_Ra Posts: 21 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Guys thanks very much. I'm very happy in my own skin but a wee compliment is always nice x

The other thing I'd like to say to folk is that I see loads of 'older' people on here and that's fantastic I'm 46 now and I'm the best shape of my life literally. It's never too late to reinvent yourself. I know the fitness element isn't for everyone but it has definately changed my life. I feel like a toddler (if a toddler had dodgy knees) :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!