I can't believe it. I actually did it!? And it was....easy!

Options
2»

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's a blistering pace.

If your phone has GPS you might want to try a tracking app to check against your pedometer. Here is a great free one for Android phones but there are a lot of them out there just like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wsl.CardioTrainer&hl=en
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Pretty amazing; good for you. DD and I walked about 3 miles yesterday, the last mile up hill, and I was really struggling.
  • kmrichardson1
    kmrichardson1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! But definitely check the settings on your pedometer, that pace is faster than most people can run. I have had to mess with mine quite a bit and I've had it for a year! I finally got it right though and it's really cool to see how far you went and how long it took you. Instant feedback!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Only weird thing I noticed, which I hadn't before, was how my hands swell up and felt hard to close during the walk. My blood was really pumping big time! Of course, within 20 minutes of stopping, and re-hydrating, I was fine again and my hands returned to normal, but goodness... I didn't know I could move that fast!

CONGRATS!! A great NSV

The hand swelling is common no matter how fit or hydrated you are. It's caused by swinging your arms when you walk.