If you had a chance for a "do-over" in life, what would you do differently?

Options

Replies

• pfreeme
    pfreeme Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Accepted myself and others, believe in myself and stopped trying to be who I thought they wanted. Not fear failure, Waste of energy.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Every road taken, rough or smooth, and every turn taken, wrong or right, led me to this point in my life. This is where I want to be, with the family and friends I have. We are products of our experiences. Good and bad.
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Not have children
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Not get lost in drinking. Not get drunk the night I was assaulted. Not let my drinking get worse after that. Not gain weight when I finally moved away from home to cope with my depression. Not stop going to therapy. Not stop my antidepressants. Not stay in a relationship with an abusive man for two years. Not almost lose my relationship with my parents. Not let my mother be afraid that I wouldn't be alive the next she woke up.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Not get lost in drinking. Not get drunk the night I was assaulted. Not let my drinking get worse after that. Not gain weight when I finally moved away from home to cope with my depression. Not stop going to therapy. Not stop my antidepressants. Not stay in a relationship with an abusive man for two years. Not almost lose my relationship with my parents. Not let my mother be afraid that I wouldn't be alive the next she woke up.

awwww honey! *hugs* stop doing the not things and start doing the things you'd do over and over. <3 there IS good inside you! for sure.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

So much of this could be things my niece would say :'(

Hope your life is on a better path now
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry you went through all that, my heart hurts for you xoxo...please feel free to add me if you feel you need a "friend" to lean on.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I wouldn't change a thing. My life is 100% amazing and beautiful and fulfilling now. Any changes, no matter how small, in the years leading up to that could have lead to something different. Don't wish for changes in past behaviors. Make changes in your current behaviors if you are unhappy.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Not dropped out of teacher's college for a PhD in history...
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Go back to Freshman year of highschool and do it all right. Study hard, get good grades, go to a good college, get a good job, start losing weight the right way then. But I also have to remember that if things were different my life wouldn't be what it is now. I probably wouldn't have learned what I did to make it. I wouldn't have fallen in love with my fiancé. I wouldn't have bought our own home.
  • Amym26
    Amym26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have so many, but the biggest one is not go out with friends to the bar I didn't want to go to, and then I would not have met my ex. And also, gone to school much, much younger. It is much harder to do at 36, working full time.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    spent money wiser and saved alot more.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

OMG you must be one tough cookie is all I have to say. Good for you for overcoming
  • Lissas_face
    Lissas_face Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Goldsby318 wrote: »
    If you had a chance for a "do-over" in life, what would you do differently?

If I could do over the first marriage for sure. I was 15 && young && only looking for a way out of an abusive household. Very blessed to have my two children from that marriage so if I could of had them with their now adoptive father I would have but I know everything happens for a reason but for sure that. He kept me trapped and is a big help to how my weight got away from me. Keeping me dependent on him and making sure I knew without him is never have anyone messed me up for a long time so to have a do over there would be my call hands down
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have gotten married in the first place. Would have saved me a lot of misery.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    stay in my mothers uterus forever
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    become a stripper haha
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »