Calling all Ex- Buffalo Hump's

Options
Does anyone have any pictures and/or success stories of a [disappearing] "buffalo hump" after weight loss?

How much weight loss before you noticed a reduction or disappearance?

Did you do anything specific to contribute to the loss of the buffalo hump?

Replies

• Dustinado
    Dustinado Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had one from being on prednisone. I have lost thirty pounds and most is gone. I have thirty more to lose to reach goal weight.
  • scriptie
    scriptie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Exercise to strengthen the upper back muscles should help. I believe it occurs from bad posture. May be wrong, but maybe try googling exercises to help with posture.
  • mtolose1
    mtolose1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Omgosssh yes. I wish i would have taken a pic. Im down 27 and even feel taller. So i think it has a lot to do with posture. I think me being so tired all the time i just kind of walked and even sat like that. After a lil weight loss i feel more energized and dont feel that hump as much.
  • Priss08
    Priss08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had one, unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it, but I noticed today it's pretty much all gone. For me I think it was because of my breast size/weak back muscles. Once I lost enough fat and had been lifting for a while it went down. Plus my chest went from a 40 M to a 32 DDD. So that may have something to do with it.
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 pounds and noticed it went way down to almost nothing. But I am still large and have a ways to go but it virtually disappeared despite still being large!
  • katanak9
    katanak9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Really?! I have a hump from heavy boobs/ poor posture (head always down, trying to be invisible) / obesity. I just assumed that the damage is done and I'd always have it, but reading this has given me some hope!
  • charlenechaz
    charlenechaz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Old thread but BUMP
  • tasnimen81
    tasnimen81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mine almost disappeared when I lost weight if I remember correctly, but then I didn't reach a healthy weight range so I don't know if it would have gone away completely. I don't think I had it when I was smaller though, before I started gaining after my pregnancy.
    My grandmother had it (she was obese), my mom too (it's almost completely gone now after she lost a lot of weight) and I have it when I'm chubby, so I suppose it's a genetic thing. :D
    I'm hoping it will get better again, it's bothering me quite a lot for some reason. :|
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!