Fitbit Preference

Options
I have a couple of things I'm curious about... I have a Fitbit Zip that I won at work and used briefly, but the battery has died. I'm considering buying a new battery, but I'm also considering a new Fitbit. For those of you that have other ones that you wear as a wristband, do you wear it 24/7? Has it aided with your weight loss? Do you ever take it off? Is zip perfectly sufficient?

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I have a charge hr and I wear it pretty much 24/7. The only time I take it off is to shower, during which I charge it, or when I'm washing dishes.
    It's helped a lot by keeping me on track with the fitness side of things. The challenges are great and I love seeing all my goals in the green for the day :smiley:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've had my zip for nearly 18mths, it has done everything I've wanted. I am upgrading to the Alta because it has more features. But if you are not into the bells and whistles then the zip is perfectly fine.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I started with the Zip and only upgraded for more features (zip to flex to Surge to Blaze). The recent switch to the Blaze was because my band on the Surge had started to break. The Blaze happened to be coming out and had all my favorite features from the Surge plus the ability to change bands.
    I did find that the zip underestimated my calories burned by an avg of about 200 calories per day.
    I wear my current Fitbit most of the time and only remove it to go swimming, shower, or charge (which I do while I play Diablo III).
    I went from 2-3k steps a day when I first got the zip to an average of 15k steps a day. It has helped me see how my activity directly impacts what I can consume.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I like the Alta because it doesn't track floors. I have no stairs in my house.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started with the zip and only got the flex because I lost my zip. I LOVED the battery life on the zip. I needed to charge my flex every 3 days or more if I had it sync all day and I found that very annoying. I recently got an Alta (because my flex stopped charging after 2 years) so far the battery seems to last for about 5 days plus it seems to charge faster than the flex. I haven't noticed any difference in my motivation between devices, I do like that the flex and alta track my sleep, it's not super important, but it's interesting. Overall my favorite has been the Alta, I think it looks good, I like that it has a clock and it displays the actual number of steps unlike the flex which just shows dots.