Lost 13lbs since January but no one notices!

Options

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Why do you care?

I've lost over fifty pounds and no one has said anything. Doesn't change the fact that I've lost fifty pounds, feel better and look better.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    ericatoday wrote: »
    If anything its annoying constantly hearing how im too skinny and im perfect and to stop.

But this at least is much better than "How much do you still have to lose?".

People are sly...they can ask questions in a way so they can figure out your starting weight.

How much have you lost? What's your goal? or How much do you have left to lose? Not falling into that trap!
  • imoblivion
    imoblivion Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has said...they are probably jealous and also if you slowly lost that weight unless your parading around in a bathing suit, they probably won't notice if they see you every day. You should be proud of your accomplishment and happy to be healthy. Who cares about what others think! It's all about you!
  • LULU4178
    LULU4178 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's a touchy subject. When I lost 40 pounds, lots of people noticed and told me I looked great. It was nice they noticed but it made me uncomfortable because (like someone else said) no one said anything when I GAINED all of the weight--that I would have appreciated! I thought I looked ok but looking back at the photos I did not. I would have liked it if one of my friends had said "hey--are you feeling ok? You don't look happy or healthy" or something like that. It also made me feel kind of bad when they commented on my weight loss because I was now in my "weight range" and I had to accept the fact that I had let myself go to get to a point where people noticed my weight loss.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    pvju wrote: »

I'm guessing it's my age - people aren't checking out your figure once you're in your mid-50s I suppose, so fluctuations in weight just don't register maybe? I guess it's true that middle aged women are truly invisible.

Wow!! If you really believe that as a middle aged woman you are invisible, than you maybe aren't carrying yourself in a way that would get you compliments or attention.
    Be the best you can be no matter what your age.
    Have pride and confidence in yourself and people are drawn to it. To look beautiful, you have to feel beautiful.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight for other people or for you?
  • Michaeld5
    Michaeld5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd taken a "before" photo for myself as I've lost 20 lbs so far and I don't feel the difference and I think people are humouring me.
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet and it wasn't until I hit 17 or 18 lbs that people commented. A few days ago, someone asked me why I was in such a good mood and I told them it was because I'd hit the 20 weight loss mark that morning. After that, they said that they'd noticed and I looked great, but that they didn't want to comment until I said something. The funny thing is that I can still wear the same clothes and there's not a lot bagginess. I blame it on the fact that pants and jeans all now have stretch material in them.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    It also depends on where your body loses the weight first. I have found I lose weight (and gain weight) around my face first, so it was very obvious for people who knew me. For others, it may be places as weird as your ankles, and not many people are looking at them enough to notice a change.
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    Are you losing weight for other people or for you?
    I'm losing weight for me but I am so damn proud of this accomplishment and I feel like I look so much better that yes, I wouldn't mind a little external validation. We are humans, social creatures, and I don't think anyone is truly human from the need for validation or a pat on the back. Will it stop me from continuing - heck no.
  • hhazzouri
    hhazzouri Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You noticed and that's what matters
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I've noticed, you're looking great lately!
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I lost 34 lbs, and I'm a 23 year old woman and people still don't notice! :wink:
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    mou_254 wrote: »
    I lost 34 lbs, and I'm a 23 year old woman and people still don't notice! :wink:

That's crazy! I think it's backlash to all the fat shaming that goes on. More contemporary thinking is we shouldn't police other people's bodies or say things that might make them feel self-conscious or under scrutiny. This is just so new to me.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I notice me. I'm not looking good compared to you, but compared to old me I'm looking goooood.
  • ReadyWillingEager
    ReadyWillingEager Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Probably because no one cares lol. Not trying to be mean, but honestly, woukd you care if someone weighed 13 lbs less? Why would you? Your friends probably don't really notice your weight. It's not like you dropped 50.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    OP if you read through this forum you will see other threads of people complaining that everyone is commenting on their weight loss and it is none of their business.
    Or people say 'you've lost weight, you look great' and they are offended because it implied they didnt look great before.

Little wonder most people think it best to just say nothing.