walking for weight loss

Hi! Just learned yesterday that I've developed tendonitis in my knee, so the doctor wants me to stick to regular walking....I was doing Leslie Sansone's walk at home dvds, which are power walks, sometimes intense. So my question is, have any of you lost weight by just going walking outside? And what all did you do? Thanks!

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    sure you can lose weight from just walking outside, provided you are eating at a deficit.
  • MissNicolioli
    MissNicolioli Posts: 34 Member
    Did your doctor say anything about elliptical machines? They're supposed to be better for joints, right?
  • SJBanks89
    SJBanks89 Posts: 92 Member
    I have. I just started to walk 30 minuets a day. Now I do about 4 hours. I try and walk every where. I love walking and I love finding new areas to go. I keep asking my other half that I should get a dog but he won't let me lol. I have lost 24lb by eating my calories and walking. I have only just started strength training and I do jog for about 10 mins now whilst I am out.
  • cesser1
    cesser1 Posts: 63 Member
    Can you get yourself some nordic walking sticks and either a training session or a training video? It is like cross country skiing, distributes the impact to your arms, give you resistance training and a workout similar to slow jogging. The sticks make you use 90% of your muscles.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Losing weight comes from your calorie deficit. Exercise for health.