A good butt workout?

Options
Hi guys!
I'm looking for any suggestions on a good butt workout... I've recently lost 20 pounds and with that my bum disappeared :( so I want to try and build it back up. So if anyone can share their suggestions that would be great!

Feel free to add me as well, always looking for new friends to motivate and support!

-Kris.

Replies

• wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    Squats, Walking Squats, Lunges... front squats...
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I just bought the book Strong Curves by Bret Contreras. I can't wait til it comes in this week! Google it and go to his site. It's got a sample of the book to read. I found Walmart had the best price.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    People ask this a lot. You will get a lot of suggestions. Lift heavy. Squats, hip thrusts, dead lifts, lunges, step ups, quadruped hip extension, glute kickbacks, hill sprints, stairs, power moves (jumping), some abduction. But, I get the best info from bretcontreras.com and his book "Strong Curves". I also like Girls Gone Strong for info.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Squats
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    squats, leg press, leg curls, walking/running stairs
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1. squats
    2. lunges
    3. step ups
    4. hiking
    5. biking
    6. running
    7. kickboxing
    8. walking

info from exercise.about.com
  • veracalore
    veracalore Posts: 14
    Options
    Get on an arc trainer and max out the elevation and resistance. Awesome.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    drop down and get your squat on ...

deadlifts too..
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    + 1 contreras, who advises hip thrusts, glute bridges especially (for butts), and a lot else - dig through his site. If you can't do squats or deadlifts for bad-joint reasons, alternatives are cable pull-throughs and kettlebell swings.
  • krisDanielle16
    krisDanielle16 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! looks like squats is a popular choice!
    Thank you for the help :)
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I recently learned an easier way to get you butt back, other than squats and lunges. I did an hour on my Elliptical (going backwards and forwards) three days in a row and my butt and thigh have gotten bigger and muscular!! I looked it up to confirm that it was possible and I found this: http://www.livestrong.com/article/424687-how-to-use-an-elliptical-to-tone-my-butt/
  • krisDanielle16
    krisDanielle16 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I recently learned an easier way to get you butt back, other than squats and lunges. I did an hour on my Elliptical (going backwards and forwards) three days in a row and my butt and thigh have gotten bigger and muscular!! I looked it up to confirm that it was possible and I found this: http://www.livestrong.com/article/424687-how-to-use-an-elliptical-to-tone-my-butt/

Oh really? I'll have to try that! Thanks!
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a dvd set, try Brazillian Butt Lift. OMG you will feel the exact muscles you're working the whole time!
    Same thing happened to me, so that's what I'm doing right now.
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.