Just like the rest of us, I need help

Options
stephanie_queen
stephanie_queen Posts: 24 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So first of all, I am a teenager who is 5'4 and approximately 170 pounds (the heaviest I've ever been ever) and prom is in three weeks. Now I know I won't be able to lose a ton of weight before then but I still don't want to feel like a whale then on on my graduation day a month or so after. I've used this app before last summer and I lost a total of 15 pounds back then and I was at about 150 pounds. I was working out a few times a week and eating good. Now I have begun eating super unhealthy and I don't know how to get out of the habit. I am on a sports team that has workouts for 90 minutes twice a week (hard workouts) but with all the crap I eat, I keep slightly gaining. I know a healthy weight for me is around 125-135 pounds and I want to be nice an healthy by the time I leave for university in September. I need to lose about 45 pounds. I know I can do it but I literally have no time for more workouts with exams coming close and I am spending all my time after school, etc studying or doing homework. All of my friends are smaller than me but I don't think they notice or care but I had to borrow clothes from my best friend today and although she is pear shaped (I'm hourglass) my legs barely fit her shorts. I need help please :( I don't want to start the next stage of my life in the wrong way

Replies

• SarahPeters3
    SarahPeters3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You have done this before you know how to log your food and be in a deficit you can do it!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Pre-planning meals and eating healthy before socializing can help you with the "eating super unhealthy" part. Eat enough! You don't need to become an exercise fanatic, but walking every day can help you, too. Get off the bus a few stops early, park in the back of parking lots if you are driving, get dropped off further away from your destination if you are being driven somewhere, go for a 20 minute walk after school and before homework.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Reasonable portions, and eating a good variety of lean meats/veggies/fruits/healthy fats/whole grains. The 'junk' is ok as long as you can handle having a little of it here and there. For junk foods that you know you won't stop eating til its all gone, don't have them.

Also consider how a food is prepared is important. Baked/grilled is going to add less calories than fried/breaded. Avoid heavy creams/sauces and use more seasonings to flavor your food.