Pain running

Options
I'm getting a fair bit of pain in my groin when running.I had it about 1 month ago and took a rest it cleared up after 2 weeks.I ran again last Saturday and since then had the pain.I rested again until this morning and the pain although there it seems to be worse running on the flat or down hill.Any info or advice is much appreciated.

Replies

• pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I actually have this also at the moment. I added 10 more minutes to my run and now suffering from pain at top of my leg. It's affecting my walking and movement too. I guess the 10 minutes was me over doing it. I also googled it and it said not properly stretching - though I feel like I do.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Is it your hip flexor? I had hip flexor pain last summer that got so bad it hurt to lift my leg to step into my pants. 2 weeks off and learning to do the runner's lunge stretch and no problems since - still doing the stretch post-run.

If it's more inner thigh, I don't know....
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My guess is hip flexor. Make sure you stretch before & after. Runners lung is great & pigeon & butterfly stretch. Consider picking up yoga to counteract the damage running does to the body.
  • Matt71Fleming
    Matt71Fleming Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.I will try anything to get rid of it.Horrendous pain.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    if it's horrendous, maybe you should see your doctor. perhaps it's a sign of a hernia or something else that needs attention.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if it's horrendous, maybe you should see your doctor. perhaps it's a sign of a hernia or something else that needs attention.

This