Clean Eating Sun-Thurs

I aim to eat clean and exercise Sun-Thursday and then Fri-Sat I relax my routine (I.e. alcohol, chocolate, cheese).
Does anyone have any opinions on this?
So far I seem to be able to improve my body whilst doing this be it a lil slower than when I ate clean/exercised every day, and I feel a lot happier, plus my social life isn’t suffering anymore

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    If it makes you feel happier in yourself and it allows you to have the best of both worlds, then go for it :smile:
  • dmgday
    dmgday Posts: 17 Member
    I love the 80/ 20 rule...usually using either Friday or Saturday night as my cheat night...if this is working for you..then do what is best for you
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    I did this for a while and it worked for a while... that is until I started to get too "relaxed" on Fridays and Saturdays ha-ha. While i'm still a little looser with my targets on Fridays and Saturdays as my goals have gotten more specific and my margin of error has gotten smaller I've really had to reel it in and still track everything.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    I actually like the rules and restrictions. I find when I don't have these I slip up too often.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Happier, moderating the foods you enjoy, better(?) social-life.

Sounds solid, to me.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    bbbcharlie wrote: »
    I aim to eat clean and exercise Sun-Thursday and then Fri-Sat I relax my routine (I.e. alcohol, chocolate, cheese).
    So far I seem to be able to improve my body whilst doing this be it a lil slower than when I ate clean/exercised every day, and I feel a lot happier, plus my social life isn’t suffering anymore

If it works our opinions dont really matter...right?
    Keep going.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    bbbcharlie wrote: »

If it works our opinions dont really matter...right?
    Keep going.

Pretty much. Try it. Check your results. Adjust. However, if you don't see the results you're looking for, don't be one of those people who come onto the boards and complain that they eat clean and don't count calories or macros and can't figure out where they're going wrong. Not saying you won't succeed or that you'll do that. Just saying, don't.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,718 Member
    You need our approval, because . . . why?

If it meets your goals, it's a good strategy. You're getting healthier, and you're happy. No problem.