Need a few good friends! hello (again) 35 pounds to lose

Options
dbhDeb
dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
Hello! I am looking for a few friends who log everyday and are encouraging. I am the same. Gender, race, religion or age doesn't matter. I was on for about 5 years and took a break but deleted my profile. Not interested in anyone who is negative about changing their life or their outlook on the world.

I need to lose around 30-40 pounds. In 2008, I lost around 50 and was almost to my goal in 2010, I yo-yoed and have gained 15 back.

I am a newly-wed! :) I love nature, friends, family, reading, walking/running (would love to do a 5k) and looking forward to my first grandchild soon!

Looking for new & old friends!

Replies

• seanafvet
    seanafvet Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i am a daily MFP so I sent you a friend request, you can never have too much of a support system
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Would love to lose 35. It would put me in "dad bod" territory.... :)
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Would love to connect. I ran my first half marathon last April. Feel free to add me. :)
  • CaitlinS311
    CaitlinS311 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I was JUST thinking that I really need to figure out a way to get back on the connectedness/support train. I did WW years ago before having kids and that worked although I was a bit too intense and fairly miserable on it. Trying to find that sweet spot of moderation plus discipline and accountability. I would like to lose 15 pounds, and having friends on here would be great! Hope all is well and please add me :)
  • noprobdarling
    noprobdarling Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ZDeb16 wrote: »
    Hello! I am looking for a few friends who log everyday and are encouraging. I am the same. Gender, race, religion or age doesn't matter. I was on for about 5 years and took a break but deleted my profile. Not interested in anyone who is negative about changing their life or their outlook on the world.

I need to lose around 30-40 pounds. In 2008, I lost around 50 and was almost to my goal in 2010, I yo-yoed and have gained 15 back.

I am a newly-wed! :) I love nature, friends, family, reading, walking/running (would love to do a 5k) and looking forward to my first grandchild soon!

Looking for new & old friends!

Hi there about the same weight loss would be good for me , im just starting my journey only two weeks in my pal put me on here and im really enjoying putting my food in the diary I was out last night but I wasn't as bad as I usually would be, no supper involved lol its five weeks till my holidays and hope to be a stone lighter x
  • Rhythmtracker
    Rhythmtracker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey I just started on MFP but have used other trackers before and posted regularly. I switched because this seems to fit my needs better. Im looking to lose 20-30 lbs and run 5 times a week (I've never jogged in my life before so it has been interesting getting started these past couple of weeks). I'm looking to add some friends on this new platform and It would be great to connect! Anyone else posting here is welcome to add me too!
  • adamkatz131
    adamkatz131 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Shameless promotional comment pertaining to OP's post:

I am organizing something new for "exercise accountabilibuddies" (so-to-speak)!

How this might work:

(1) everyone is added to a shared excel spreadsheet
    (2) we meet once by real-time chat (i know of a way to meet anonymously):
    i. to discuss how to timestamp entries
    ii. to discuss how to organize our records
    iii. to discuss any and all interest/concerns
    iv. to discuss a fun reward/accountability framework
    (3) throughout the first several months we coordinate additional optional "town hall"-type meetings using live chat to voice our concerns and to tweak the layout (tweek the structure of our accountability framework, and to acknowledge our most religious self-improvers!)
    (4) I'll manage a website keeping track of the "trainer of the month", as well as other positive reinforcements!
    (5) we all get fabulously healthy!
  • AnthonyEj
    AnthonyEj Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey guys and girls of course :D add up looking for a large support community and helping others out along their journey. Looking forward to meeting y'all. :)