I'm hungery

Options
I know this sounds funny, but it seems like not too long after I eat a meal I feel I am starving again. I have been steadily losing weight so I don't want to feed my appetite, but I need something or I will eat everything.

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    HUngry . eat bigger meals
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    Can you open your diary so we can see what you're eating? For me personally, having enough protein at each meal is KEY to keeping me from getting hungry. Fiber also helps keep me full longer.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    most filling snacks
    : An apple
    nuts
    cereal
    hard boiled eggs
    smoothie
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I keep a box of the carnation sugar free cocoa for a sweet nothing and when I really get the munchies--I use celery sticks with the skinny laughing cow cheese spread for that. A couple of cheesey sticks to digest and you won't be wanting much food.
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Happens to me a lot also, but I try to stay within my calories for the day, and or exercise a bit more, but just make a healthy choice you will be fine, and if you don't and do indulge in a sinful snack go for it, because I notice if I am craving something and I don't feed that bear, I will over eat everything else. Try to think outside the box, many things to choose out there that are filling and tasty, I just had a V 8! will fill me up till dinner, good luck:happy:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry right after eating, stay busy for 30 minutes...clean the kitchen, take a walk. If you're still hungry, you need to eat more at mealtime.

If I don't eat 600 calories, I'm not happy. The "eat 5-6 meals a day" thing doesn't work for me. Two big meals is my happy place. I've been maintaining my weight for five years, and believe me - I've done some experimenting.

I agree that sufficient protein, fiber, and fats are key, too.

----
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? You might just be eating way too little.
  • scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My wife just told me that she is having the same problem so I'm passing along all of your great ideas. Thank You.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Aother WONDERFUL bread replacement product is Joseph's flax and oat bran wraps in the deli dept of Wally world. Only 50 cals for a HUGH wrap and I cut those in half for snacks. So at night if I really need something--I can roll one of those up eat and drink my sugar free cocoa and PRESTO--I good to go-full and less than 50 cals.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds funny, but it seems like not too long after I eat a meal I feel I am starving again. I have been steadily losing weight so I don't want to feed my appetite, but I need something or I will eat everything.

I took a sneak peek at your diary (over 5 days) and you are eating way too little for a male. You seem to be eating around half of your calories.

also, you seem to be hitting the sodium in mega amounts. So apart from you being hungry you probably need to drink a lot of fluids to flush away that sodium. The sodium could be causing you to think you are hungry when in fact you need to quench your thirst.

My advice, for what it is worth, is to re evaluate your food options
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Yep, you're not getting anywhere near your calorie goal. It's no wonder you're hungry.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Protein makes you feel full and your protein is extremely low for a man. You should be getting at least 100 if not more of protein a day. (and if doing low carb which you are, you need more protein to make up the difference.

I eat low carb due to being diabetic and I have to up my protein due to that fact. Do some google searches on fullness and protein. I think you will be shocked.