Hello everyone on the fitness and wellness journey.

Hello all, the name is Kevin and I just wanted to introduce myself. I have actually been using the fitness pal app for several weeks now, but am now getting to the social aspect of it. A bit about me, I am a single guy in my early 30s living in Minneapolis. I have a very sedentary job which provides me with no extra activity. Over the past three years I've seen my weight increase and the athleticism of my 20s dwindle. About 6 months ago, I had a strong urge to make the change to a healthier and fitter lifestyle. It's been a challenge in many ways, but in particular its been tough socially as I have numerous friends who aren't vigilant regarding their weight and health generally. Thus o thought this forum might be a good way to connect me to some people who have similar life goals. Since November 2015, I've lost approximately 30 lbs and have gone from a body fat percentage of 21% down to 10%. For me it was primarily a change in diet and eating. But of course exercise has fit in there as well. But it's been 90% in the kitchen. I wish everyone on this well and look forward to meaningful discussion. -Kevin.