New Easy Recipes

Options
I really like to try new foods but I don't like to use lots of different ingredients so I'm awful when it comes to recipes.

Can anyone share healthy , tasty foods with few ingredients ?

Replies

• rustacyur
    rustacyur Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pineapple sponge cake for a good alternative sweet treat. All you need is the boxed angel food cake mix (dry, dont follow box directions), and a 20 ounce can of pineapple tidbits. Mix the 2 together and bake in a 9x12 greased dish (spray with Pam). Bake at 370 until middle is done. This is about 12 servings. Very lite and yummy!
  • katiazahwi
    katiazahwi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yesterday i was searching for some recipes and i found this amazing website with some simple healthy recipes made by a local bikini model. The entire website is inspirational: www.startlivingright.net
    Check it out.
  • RLC928
    RLC928 Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Braised Kale. I make this all the time and it's pretty simple. I chop up a slice or two of bacon, cook it, then remove with a slotted spoon. Cook some chopped onion and mushrooms in same pan. Once they're partially done, I put in a couple handfuls of kale and about 1/4 cup of water. I cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes to get the kale cooking. I remove the lid, add the bacon back in and just let it all simmer together until the liquid is all evaporated. Sometimes I'll add a little olive oil at this point.

Plate and enjoy with some parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

• kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of lean ground turkey. Can add marinara sauce to it. Can mix in some pasta or rice and lite mayo for pasta salad. I've put it over tortilla chips and added just a bit of shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream. Also make taco salads with it.
  • ConicalFern
    ConicalFern Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've made this a few a times and it's been great each time.

http://pinchofyum.com/rockin-5-ingredient-sweet-potato-turkey-chili
  • fourmartinkids
    fourmartinkids Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Looks like I've got new stuff to try every day next week. Thx guys
  • coggy1229
    coggy1229 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    rice noodles with beansprouts, different herbs, spices and a little soy sauce (reduced salt and sugar obiously lol). Always goes down a treat and can be used as part of a full meal, as a meal on its own or a smaller portion as a snack.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Rice or quinoa, black beans, corn, avocado, diced tomatoes, some sharp cheddar cheese is always a quick go to meal.
    Lately it's been lots of salad for me! I boil a lot of boneless chicken breast with salt and pepper and add it on my salads too and it's good for the week in a container after boiling.