Nutrition/Diet books?

Options
reissk
reissk Posts: 9 Member
Can anyone recommend some good books on what to eat?
I've looked some up and came up with
The Way To Eat - David Katz
No Fad Diet - American Heart Association

I just want help with ideas of what to eat and when. And how to plan out balanced meals.

Thanks!

Replies

• mayoosh_primrose
    mayoosh_primrose Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Eat to live - Joel Fuhrman
    "It promotes a strict vegan diet but it also has plan meals for non vegans and lots of healthy recipes" :smiley:
    The body book by Cameron Diaz. I read the summary which was, like, fifty pages and information-packed. Don't know whether the original book will be similar.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Many books on what to eat to lose weight seem to focus on fad diets. One food author I like is Mark Bittman. His How to Cook Everything has an appendix of balanced meals with complimentary flavors. Many good cooking books have something similar.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Visit your library. Hundreds of books for free.
    You'll even find Eat to Live - great book.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    OldHobo wrote: »
    Many books on what to eat to lose weight seem to focus on fad diets. One food author I like is Mark Bittman. His How to Cook Everything has an appendix of balanced meals with complimentary flavors. Many good cooking books have something similar.

Good advice.

Some sensible and simple nutrition basics are here: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/
  • anne_driessen
    anne_driessen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I havent read the book (yet) but I know the lean Machines (you can check them out on youtube if you're interested :p) have a new book out that talks all about nutrition and how to maintain a healthy lifestyle