Any tips or advice??

Options
Hi,

I've just got back into this after quite a while of yo-yoing and although I've done a lot of research into good, healthy foods etc, I was wondering if anyone had any extra tips or advice....even recipe's they have found that helps them to lose weight?

Anything is appreciated.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about the calorie deficit
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nothing really helps you lose weight. I would love to see that notion dissappear! A calorie deficit over time is what creates weight loss. You need to eat less than you burn, but not so little that you get overly hungry, tired etc, you will get sick, and give up, regain, blame yourself, and start a new, restrictive diet. A diet you can stick to is essential to be able to sustain an appropriate calorie intake. You can eat anything you like. A balanced diet based on home cooked meals made from real food ingredients, and not cutting anything out unless for real medical/ethical reasons, and moderating portions, is good for everybody.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This. Well stated. If you like to eat you can increase your calories burned by exercising more so you can take in a greater number of calories. But the only way to actually lose weight is by sustaining a calorie deficit over time.