Fitbit

Options
Who has the Fitbit?
I have been thinking of getting one, Do you like the clip on or the bracelet better.

Is it hard to program?
Please let me know your ideas. I don't know what one to buy.

Replies

• cpego1
    cpego1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit pedometer and a fitbit scale. I am going to get the fitbit sleep tracker and exercise tracker next week. I love if and I will be getting the bracelet one. I have the clip on one and it is alright. I programed my fairly easily. Online instructions are helpful.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and I love it!
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One also and LOVE it!!!! Very easy to use.
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It is a very easy device to use. I prefer the clip on, don't have to worry about banging it or getting it wet etc. Can't see it either. My husband and I each have one and the only exercise we do is walking so Fitbit tracks all our steps, stairs, miles etc. It syncs with MFP and gives us credit for what we have done. Hope that helps. Good luck.
  • annie_e12
    annie_e12 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I like the clip, because no one can see it.
  • china1977
    china1977 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! I got the clip one, which is fine for me, because they didn't have the bracelet one out yet. But I have been thinking about getting one. And for me, yes, it was easy to program. You just have to follow the steps they give you. So I hope you get one....they are very useful!!!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit that clips on and I love it. In fact, Friday I even bought my 10 year old son one too so we can be active together. I heard from someone on MFP that the bracelet sometimes counts your arm movement as a step. I don't know from personal experience. Also, the customer service at Fitbit is outstanding!
  • seblagg
    seblagg Posts: 42
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Zip and it does a great job tracking step-based exercises (walking, running). I prefer the clip on, because it's easy to hide under clothes. The bracelet tracks sleep in addition to steps, but it's also visible at all times.
  • midnight_moon
    Options
    I love my fitbit one, I clip it onto my bra so no1 can see it, it shows how much the standard exercises in mfp overestimate calorie burn, which is a bit disheartening at first but once u start using it you will be lost without it!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I have the bracelet (flex) and I like what I have discovered with it. : )
  • nurse_ratty
    nurse_ratty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit one it's ace, really want the scales, I can only sync with laptop as you can't sync to android apps yet but you can to the iPhone. I've set my fitbit to sync with MFP, easier than logging exercise etc.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Zip. It is the cheapest one out of the Fitbit devices, but doesn't have a lot of the functions as the Flex or One. I wanted to get the One or Flex, but was given the Zip as a surprise. It is really easy to set up and I like the fact that I can clip it to my bra so no one has to know it's there.

The reason I would have wanted the Flex, would have been for the sleep tracking and the fact that is water proof (not just sweat resistant, but you can actually go swimming with it on).

The reason I would have wanted the One, would have been for the sleep tracking and the flights of stairs count (although I read that sometimes it tracks hills as stairs).

The basic functions of all devices though was why I looked into getting a fitbit in the first place. Syncs with MFP (will adjust MFP according to info gathered), estimates TDEE (bmr+daily activity+exercise logged), counts steps, and distance traveled. It definitely motivates me to move more.
  • justwebby
    justwebby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Zip and I honestly am lost without it. I lost my first one and went crazy for two weeks before I caved and bought a new one. I like that it hides well under clothes and it really motivates me to be active. I have the app on my phone and when I get close to my step goal, it sends me a little message (and if I go over, the messages are all excited for me and what not). :D
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Love my fitbit one it's ace, really want the scales, I can only sync with laptop as you can't sync to android apps yet but you can to the iPhone. I've set my fitbit to sync with MFP, easier than logging exercise etc.

It syncs with:

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Note II

I believe those are android phones. As for iphones, it only syncs with 4S and 5. It will also sync with the iPod touch 5th generation, ipad 3 and ipad mini.
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Those that have the Fitbit Bracelet.
    When you ordered it, could you state what size you want.

I have small wrists.
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and I got my hubby the flex (that way he never has to take it off or forget it lol) He says he forgets it is on his wrist. I think I will stick to the one because of the stair counting feature. I may try the flex to see if I like not having to take it on and off except to charge it!

I also have the aria scale. no way to cheat on your weight! lol it logs it wirelessly for you!

A lot of you have said it is good to hide the clip on ones. I see no reason to hide it, and in the 6 + mths I have had mine, no one has asked me what it is when it is on my shirt or a tank top. I usually end up talking about it and pointing it out because I like it so much! lol

I would also say that hills are just like stairs! lol you could say I climbed that mountain trail, and it was worth 20 or 30 flights of stairs! That is awesome to me!

Hope you get one, you will love it!

Chelle
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one. I have had it for 5 months now. Absolutely love it! It is great for keeping track of steps taken and staircases climbed. It gives you credit for one staircase, I think 1 staircase=10 feet of elevation, for hills. We happen to have hilly property. I have logged 100+ staircases every day this weekend hiking in our woods for 1-1/2 - 2 hrs each of the past 4 days!
    Great motivator and keeps me moving!
  • MustangSally74
    MustangSally74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit one and love it. I had no idea how much I didn't move! My friend had one first, but it is the Ultra, for several months and really loved it but he has issues with his sometimes, I finally broke down. I tried justifying the money for a long time. I found one new on ebay reasonable.
    Now he had I compete against each other to see who can get the most steps in a day, which is usually him. You can have friends on the site and its fun to compete against each other and you're doing yourself good by exercising.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Those that have the Fitbit Bracelet.
    When you ordered it, could you state what size you want.

I have small wrists.

When you get the Flex (that's the bracelet one) you get both a large and a small wristband in either black or slate (blue isn) You put the unit into the wristband, it's pretty small. Setting it up is super easy. I love that I don't take it off for showers or stuff like that. Mine lasts for a week and then on Sunday nights I put it up on the charger while I sleep.

One of the fantastic thing about Flex and Fitbit for that matter is that you can take your large whatever color wristband you got in the package and on the site in the forums people are trading. So, like I got a Slate and traded my small slate for someones large black.

You can buy wristbands that come in three other colors teal, tangerine, or navy right now. They come in a 3 pack but they are sort of tough to find. I do know that they're being sold at Target. The Flex is too for that matter. Best Buy sells them also.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    A lot of you have said it is good to hide the clip on ones. I see no reason to hide it, and in the 6 + mths I have had mine, no one has asked me what it is when it is on my shirt or a tank top. I usually end up talking about it and pointing it out because I like it so much! lol

I prefer mine to be on my bra, so that when I play with my son (18 months old) he won't take it off and run away with it. :laugh: He is constantly taking my glasses off, so I figure it's best to hide it. Other people have to hide them because of dress codes at their work place.

Aside from that, I am constantly telling people about it.