Calorie goal question

Options
I hit Onederland this morning (yay!!). This leaves 40 to go, and I made the decision to move from 1.5 to 1 lb per week. I have been at 1240 for a bit. After the change, my goal is 1390, an increase of 150. I was expecting something closer to 250. Maybe not the full 250, because I have lost weight obviously, but was still a bit surprised. Thoughts?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    When did you last recalculate? Your TDEE has reduced at lower body weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    When did you last recalculate? Your TDEE has reduced at lower body weight.

• ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Can't remember exactly how long ago I recalculated, but not very long ago. I am thinking a month, but it could be closer to six weeks. I do think that is the answer, but normally when I have recalculated and kept the same goal, the change was 40-60 calories. I was just surprised by 100. Oh well, I have plenty of calories no biggie.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    heh. When you lose weight, you need less calories. It doesn't seem fair, does it? It's probably for the best that your increase was really small - when I go with a large change it's difficult to get things back in order again.

Onward. :wink:
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    If you burn 100 in exercise as well you will get to eat 250 more than you've been eating;)
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you burn 100 in exercise as well you will get to eat 250 more than you've been eating;)
    Oh, I know, and I plan to!