How do I measure up?

I feel like my thighs are a little big for my body, but I don't really have anyone to compare myself to. I think knowing I am average or at least close to, will make me feel more confident about myself. My measurements are:
weight: 120
height: 5' 4"
thighs: 20.5
waist: 26
calves: 13
arms: 11.5

I could use some motivation to keep eating healthy and to keep me in check so feel free to add me :smiley:

Replies

• williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    You qualify
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    i dont think you need to worry. eat healthy just for the sake of eating healthy
  • ChxSurf782
    ChxSurf782 Posts: 169 Member
    Measurements are not always a good indicator! You do you and focus on how you feel more than what the numbers may say!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    It makes me sad that you are even asking this
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    edited May 2016
    9tOwl wrote: »
    I feel like my thighs are a little big for my body, but I don't really have anyone to compare myself to. I think knowing I am average or at least close to, will make me feel more confident about myself. My measurements are:
    weight: 120
    height: 5' 4"
    thighs: 20.5
    waist: 26
    calves: 13
    arms: 11.5

I could use some motivation to keep eating healthy and to keep me in check so feel free to add me :smiley:

Different people carry fat and muscle on their body differently. Your bone structure and genetics determine how you are shaped. You aren't going to find an average size. At 120 lbs you are a healthy weight. Your measurements are not huge. Maybe start strength training if you want to tighten things up.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/643554/womens-average-thigh-and-calf-size-whats-yours/p1

I'm 5'4" and 154 lbs. I'd like to weigh between 125 and 145. I'm working on it. I carry a lot of my weight in my waist area.
    My thighs are 17 1/2" and on the thin side. They don't change much. I'd like it if they were a little bigger. They function well though so I accept them.
    My waist is 35". I'd like it to be 28". Someday.
    My calves are about 12-13". They look like calves.
    My hips are 37". My hips never really change much. They are fine the way they are.
    My upper arm is 11". I think it looks fine.