Belly Loose Skin....yukkkyyy

I am a mother of 4 kids..my youngest daughter is 10 months....I only still have 10 lbs to reach my ideal weight..but Belly loose skin is really disappointing and frustrating. ..

What are the best exercises tighten belly's skin? Should I go for aerobic or weight lifting?
Please help

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    If you're lucky with time it will snap back.

So far I'm hoping mine will snap back, but only time will tell. For now I have a savings account set up were I'm saving up for a tummy tuck. I'm giving my skin 2 yrs and if it doesn't improve I will get the surgery. If it does, well then I'll take my family on a nice vacation.
  • ralostaz2000
    ralostaz2000 Posts: 135 Member

So far I'm hoping mine will snap back, but only time will tell. For now I have a savings account set up were I'm saving up for a tummy tuck. I'm giving my skin 2 yrs and if it doesn't improve I will get the surgery. If it does, well then I'll take my family on a nice vacation.
    well well well
  • ralostaz2000

well well well

WELL WELL WELL...
    Think I will look for some hot laser sessions but guess what??
    I'm not payin anything. ...and I'll let my husband do that as he is the one who likes kids
  • ralostaz2000
    janjunie wrote: »
    Most women have some degree of loose skin on their belly after having even one child. You've had 4, so it's kind of to be expected. Exercise (weightlifting) will help to a certain degree, once you are at you goal weight it's up to time and genetics. [/quote
    Thanks....will look on YouTube and check what is the best strength training for abs...
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    you might be able to help some of it snap back with weight training and keep your skin healthy and moisturized. Sometimes your skin needs time to catch up. I'd start weight training and if it doesn't tighten up in a couple of years consult a surgeon.
  • ralostaz2000
    you might be able to help some of it snap back with weight training and keep your skin healthy and moisturized. Sometimes your skin needs time to catch up. I'd start weight training and if it doesn't tighten up in a couple of years consult a surgeon.
    Is there special weight training for abs?or what should I be looking on youtybe for that?
    Any idea
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Is there special weight training for abs?

There is, but they won't do much for you. Exercises don't target the skin layer, they only build the muscle layer under it.

Your skin might snap back on it's own, but it can take 2-3 years after losing the weight for that to happen. Not much else you can do. :+1:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    You might get lucky with it tightening over time, but only surgery will eliminate it. There is no exercise or special treatment you can do to make it go away.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    If its truely just loose skin, and not fat...there isnt anything you can do. No exercises will help lose skin. Nothing applied topically to the skin will help.

If your lucky (alot of it is up to genetics), your skin will tighten up a bit, but with 4 kids there is a very good chance you will always have some loose skin.

Nothing to do but wait, unfortunately.
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member

Make sure you have a good doctor. "Tummy tuck" sounds so nice and cute but in reality they cut your middle out and sew the skin together. I have seen a lot of women who have had tummy tucks that look like they were done by Dr. Frankenstein.

Just my .02 worth.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    I just call it a badge of honor after 3 kids :)
    I was too self-conscious to wear a bikini or crop top prior to kids so I'm the only one aside from my husband that sees it and he doesn't care one bit.

It's been 3.5 years since my last baby and I do think it's improving. I'm close to 40 so I'm not sure how much more it'll improve. At some point my whole body is going to be saggy and wrinkly - lol
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    I have loose skin after just two kids. It looks fine standing up, but man you don't want to see it in a plank.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    I have loose skin after just two kids. It looks fine standing up, but man you don't want to see it in a plank.

I'm so glad you said this because I have the exact same thing when doing a plank.....

• mom23mangos
    edited May 2016
    cnbbnc wrote: »

I'm so glad you said this because I have the exact same thing when doing a plank.....

I think we pretty much have the same body. :tongue:
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member

This is definitely me as well.
    I had 2 baby boys, each over 9 pounds. My waist got to 45 inches around in both pregnancies.

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member

Make sure you have a good doctor. "Tummy tuck" sounds so nice and cute but in reality they cut your middle out and sew the skin together. I have seen a lot of women who have had tummy tucks that look like they were done by Dr. Frankenstein.

Just my .02 worth.

I agree with doing your research on whatever surgeon you pick. I love my tummy tuck. My scar goes from mid-hip to mid-hip. It's thin, tight, & low. My doctor did a great job. I went on 7 consults before I picked him. I have 4 kids as well & my tummy did not recover on its own. I still have loose skin that I couldn't afford to fix, but I'm OK with the rest. Even after the tummy tuck, I still have some skin laxity which shows up when I am in the plank position--so 4 years after my WLS & 2 years after the tummy tuck. If it were going to snap back, it would have. The only way I could have gotten rid of that was to have a fleur de lis tummy tuck because I had so much upper abdominal laxity. I decided it was not worth the extra vertical scar.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Haha yes to the plank tummy!!

I've had four as well and lots of loose skin, definitely still fat. I'm in maintenance now and doing some recomp stuff. I lost about an inch in my tummy in the past month doing some specific ab exercises along with my usual strength training and cardio. It's an ongoing battle but after four kids I'm ok with it.
  • mom23mangos
    Haha yes to the plank tummy!!

I've had four as well and lots of loose skin, definitely still fat. I'm in maintenance now and doing some recomp stuff. I lost about an inch in my tummy in the past month doing some specific ab exercises along with my usual strength training and cardio. It's an ongoing battle but after four kids I'm ok with it.

What ab exercises were you doing?