Options
13»

Replies

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My usual breakfasts are:

Workdays, 1 egg, 3 egg whites, half oz of mozzarella scrambled in, 1/3 cup bran buds, 3 oz 2% milk

Non workdays, 1 egg, 3 egg whites, 1/2 oz mozzarella scrambled in, 2 pieces very well cooked microwaved bacon, 1 slice whole wheat toast with 1/2 T light butter or 1 banana.

Sometimes a piece of my crust less spinach quiche with either whole wheat toast or banana

All of them work out to around 300 calories.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is a hard boiled egg and my liquid suppliments from univera and water. I am doing a low carb diet
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My usual go-to options are Greek yogurt with berries and some granola, eggs and toast or an omelet, oatmeal, or quinoa with a fried egg.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If I'm on the run, I'll grab a Fiber One Protein Bar (Oats & Chocolate) at 140 calories. While it does contain sugar, it has a nice balance of protein and fiber that keeps you full. Plus, it's a great way to enjoy a little chocolate. Sometimes I'll go to McDonalds and get an Egg McMuffin with no cheese, which is about 250 calories.

Usually, I'll eat Nature's Path Flax Plus® Raisin Bran Flakes with soy milk. It's such a favorite, I really look forward to breakfast. It stays so crisp in the milk and has such a great flavor. There is so much fiber (8g), I stay totally full until lunch and really helps me meet my fiber goals for the day (important for heart health).

Sometimes I'll make two scrambled eggs (with 2 tbsp of soy milk whisked in) with sauteed onions and red peppers, and serve it over wilted spinach.

Some of it depends on the time I have and sometimes it depends on my meal plans for the day.
  • karmelpopcorn
    karmelpopcorn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    A slice of Ezekiel bread with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a teaspoon of raw honey is my usual.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I like steel cut oatmeal with chopped walnuts, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, and either raspberries or blackberries :)
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like making overnight oats or breakfast sandwiches, things I can eat at my desk because I am usually at work quite early. I sometimes make a week's worth of breakfast sandwiches on the weekend- an English muffin, scrambled egg, bacon, and a slice of cheese. I wrap them up and throw them in the freezer, and then I can just pop them in the microwave for a minute and have a hot breakfast.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    On weekends I made an egg with veggies. On weekdays I either make a whole foods smoothie with plain yogurt, berries, greens, nuts and seeds or an overnight oatmeal (plain yogurt and old fashioned dry oats left to sit overnight in the refrigerator) topped with nuts and fruit or vegetable.
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I make large quantities of scrambled eggs (1 whole egg per serving and 1/4 cup liquid egg whites for me), TONS of veggies. I either eat it on it's own or in a pita with salsa.

Or some bran flakes with milk and a hard boiled egg

or two slices of toast, 2 fried eggs topped with banana peppers and Tabasco (or whatever toppings you want.. avocado, tomato, etc.)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Food, preferably food you like.

This
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've been having eggs (1 whole egg with 3 egg whites) with some ground turkey taco meat. Kinda reminds me of chorizo and eggs, and I really like it.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Whatever fits into your goals

I find this kind of response is quite hilarious. It goes without saying that most people's goal here is to lose weight. So, yeah ..eat, do whatever that fits into your goal of losing weight! Very helpful. LOL.

OP, for breakfast I tend to have only a fancy coffee (a bit richer in creamer and sugar). I don't need much after a good dinner from previous evening and a rest. Try skipping bfast if you don't have heavy activities in the AM.

Helping people understand that they can eat what they will so long as they're hitting their targets calorie wise is helpful IMO. A lot of people think they need to eat something special or that particular foods hinder weightloss or whatever...which obviously isn't the case.

You are one of the people who take time and give better responses. Kudos to you.

I was trying to draw out better replies than the cryptic "whatever fits" which is not far from whatever works. But this is a strange way of asking from the OP anyway. Is she running out of idea of breakfast items, which is strange to me to ask; (if so could she just google?) and therefore, she's got a lot of random food items and crude answers!! My higher brain was hoping along the line that she was asking for ideas that help with appetite, wt loss; and thus more intelligent answers are warranted.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    my quick grab abd go is a carb control shake
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hello Healthy MFP food and recipe blog

There's more great recipes as well as Bacon Waffles ;) with Cals and such listed..being MFP and all.
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/15-delicious-breakfast-for-dinner-dishes-under-400-calories/

Sausage & Vegetable Egg Bake
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/sausage-vegetable-egg-bake/

Ingredients

1 medium red pepper, diced
    1/2 cup diced onion
    5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove moisture
    2 chicken sausage links, chopped
    6 large eggs
    4 ounces cheese, grated
    1 1/2 cups milk
    3 cups bread, cubed (Italian loaf or a baguette work well)
    Black pepper, to taste
    1 teaspoon paprika
    Optional: ½ tsp cayenne pepper

Directions

If serving immediately, preheat oven to 350F. Alternatively, you may cover prepared mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for baking the next day.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Spoon into a greased 9 inch x 9 inch baking pan.

Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes, until desired degree of doneness is reached.

Nutrition Information

Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 of 9″X 9″ pan piece

Per serving:
    Calories: 387; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Monounsaturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 355mg; Sodium: 465mg; Carbohydrate: 20g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 23g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 591mg; Iron: 18%; Vitamin A: 102%; Vitamin C: 113%; Calcium: 21%