Acid reflux

I had the laproscopic nissen fundoplication surgery after being on medication for over 10 years and with diet has made my eating life easier it worked wonders and is worth it.

Replies

• PaganUK
    PaganUK Posts: 238 Member
    abshupe69 wrote: »
    I had the laproscopic nissen fundoplication surgery after being on medication for over 10 years and with diet has made my eating life easier it worked wonders and is worth it.

I'm having the same surgery 30 Nov 17.
    how did you cope with the liver shrinking diet and the diet changes immediately following surgery?
  • egonzo7719
    egonzo7719 Posts: 3 Member
    I had NF this past Aug...

Recovering from an appetite perspective has been slow. I was on an extended MSF diet due to a side effect likely from anesthesia. Then I developed dumping syndrome - forcing me to go sugarless (in effect low carb/Keto). Doc expects this could last 6-12 months...

Overall, glad I had the surgery. Weight loss has been great...

Best of luck to you...
  • nadiar1975
    nadiar1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Had a Laproscopic NF on 23Jan, just coming off my 6 week Nissen diet. Overall, best procedure as I am off medication that I took nearly 6 years, which wasn't covered by health insurance. Now I struggle to meet 900 calories a day. My portions are small, so I have now resorted to meal replacement drink to help boost nutrition. But overall, if you have reflux and heart burn with a hiatus hernia, this is the best procedure to undergo.