Suggestions to get rid of baby fat around the middle...

Options
Ive been doing so good losing lbs. I am fitting into my clothes from many years ago. The problem is that I still have a little looser skin around my middle section and sides that are noticable when I bend over or sit down. Any good easy at home excersices to work the sides and middle without sit ups, cant stand doing them...

Replies

• leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    Pilates!
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    I do Pilates, still isnt getting job done... Anything else. I want really tight toned abs.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    In that case, Power 90. It includes Ab RipperX. Its awesome. And theres always an exercise ball. Crunches on the ball are far better than just doing them alone. The ball usually comes with a how-to DVD and they give you a few types of things you can do to work the middle and the sides.

I hate situps too. But I don't mind crunches on the ball. Probably because I feel my abs working so I know I'm doing it right. With situps, I just feel like I'm killing myself for nothing.
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    Never worked on a ball before, always wondered about them. I'll give it a try. Thanks!!!
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If it is just loose skin, you may not be able to tone that up. Sometimes the only fix for that is a tummy tuck.
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    Its not really skin. Its just not as tight as I want... I dont want to be able to pinch anything!
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY understand LOL. It's better that it's fat because you can get rid of that but you can't really tighten up hanging skin w/o surgery. Jillian Michaels has a move in the 30 day shred that she says is for the "mommy pouch." You lay on the floor w/ your legs extended, then put them up in the air. It's hard to explain. I don't know of it's a reverse sit-up or what? I do them everyday though and I see my butt gut starting to disappear LOL.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Jillian Michaels. I LOVE to HATE her.

I think I know what you are describing. I do those too, but not daily. I'll have to add that to my "get out of bed" routine.

I just started working on holding a plank for 5 minutes. I'm at about 1 minute now, lol. I'm surprized how much I felt that in my mid-section. I know that works the core, but I'm not sure about abs. My purpose is to help me do more pushups. The end result should be interesting, nontheless.

Wait.. I'm not hijacking your thread. Just thinking out loud while typing......:laugh: