vegitarian

Options
Any vegans out there? I'm not a strict one but only rarely eat fish. I do on a super rare occasion love a hamburger but it's not really worth the calories. How do you vegans keep your carbs down? What are some of the things you eat?

Replies

• tinylightsbelow
    tinylightsbelow Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan. I don't keep my carbs down; I just don't eat refined grains. So my carbs come from beans, veggies, fruit and whole grains.

I eat fruit, lots of one-pan dishes like beans and rice and stirfry, salads, burritos, etc. My general formula for a meal is to just get a huge amount of veggies and serve it with a bit of grain and a reasonable portion of beans.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm also a vegan. I'm not on a low carb plan but I try not to go over the amount allotted by mfp. I try to eat as much fruits & veggies as I can.
    Here's a group you could check out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/62-happy-herbivores
    My diary is open to friends if you want some ideas.
  • firecat918
    Options
    thanks, I'll check out that thread.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian, and I also don't stress carbs too much. I usually shoot for 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat, which has served me well for fat loss. Carbs have been demonized lately, but are not the enemy for the majority of the population. Hit your macros, and you'll be fine. My diary is open if you feel like poking around.