What Was Your Most Recent "OH HECK NO" Moment With Fitness?

2»

Replies

• mom2wessarah
    mom2wessarah Posts: 72 Member
    edited May 2016
    My kids love indoor rock climbing. Took them yesterday. Since I lost some weight, I thought I'd give it a try. I got up barley two hand holds and said "hell no!". It's harder than it looks!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 17,400 Member
    I had sprained both wrists when I tripped during a run, and the following day I tried to get into a plank position without pressing my hands on the ground. It was awkward and I strained my upper arm slightly. It got aggravated a week later when I lifted a frying pan. The doc diagnosed it as rotator cuff tendinitis.

That was 3 1/2 months ago and I am still waiting for the rotator cuff tendinitis to heal. Physiotherapy is helping but it is still taking a long time. BAH
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    I loaded up a Fitnessblender leg cardio/strength workout on Saturday afternoon. Yeah...two styles of burpees AND mountain climbers in the same workout? Oh, and after that have fun with your squat jumps, then go to squats & lunges in the strength section! Yeah, no.

Of course, Sunday morning all I could think about was trying again as my thighs screamed out in pain. I love those two!
  • davidjzumbafitness
    davidjzumbafitness Posts: 7 Member
    I took my first Zumba class in January 2016, as it turned out the instructor that day was standing in for the regular instructor and went easy on the class. I went home thinking, "That wasn't so bad...." Went back for the next class and had the regular instructor, who worked our butt's off!!! . Happy to say that I am still doing it, and seriously considering becoming an instructor myself!!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Burpees

Lol. That's me. A Wednesday class I go to the instructor says a minute of burpees on the bosu and I'm, "I don't do burpees."
  • 737jac737
    737jac737 Posts: 54 Member
    Tricep pushups. I used to be a tumbling instructor and I was spotting a backhandspring when my student just jumped and body slammed onto my forearms, which tore the ligaments holding my forearms to my body. So tricep pushups are extremely painful.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Burpees is always a good answer.

I have a pilates class, and recall a "hell, no" moment before doing the snake (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBYPrbIpNOQ), among some other reformer moves. Did it, though.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    murp4069 wrote: »
    People on tv make burpees look so easy! Every time I'm fooled into thinking yeah I can do that. No. No I can't do that. At least right now. Maybe not ever, at least with good form.

Oh god burpees... I can do like, three (in not so good form). By then my pulse is through the roof. Meanwhile those fitness people aren't even breaking a sweat, and I'm over here pretty much dying.
  • jpena412
    jpena412 Posts: 42 Member
    The first time I did T25. There were things flapping I didn't know could flap. Awful.

HAHAHA I just started laughing out loud (sitting at my desk at work) when I read this comment. I had the exact same problem! I still have it with my thighs when doing Insanity. My husband actually asked me once what that noise was. Totally embarrassing.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    jpena412 wrote: »
    The first time I did T25. There were things flapping I didn't know could flap. Awful.

HAHAHA I just started laughing out loud (sitting at my desk at work) when I read this comment. I had the exact same problem! I still have it with my thighs when doing Insanity. My husband actually asked me once what that noise was. Totally embarrassing.

Bahaha I purposely only ever did T25 when my boyfriend was out of the house. Even my dogs would come up to me and be like, "you alright?"
  • musicrocks133
    musicrocks133 Posts: 70 Member
    Alarae21 wrote: »
    Donkey kick push ups.

I genuinely stood in my class and just stared at the instruction with a WTF?! expression.

That is me on some workout videos. Just look at the TV and be like, nope not doing that.

• jeanstudies
    jeanstudies Posts: 81 Member
    I'm going to re-read this at home tonight and memorize all these awesome comments. At work just now, I got put down by my boss, who is COMPLETELY out of shape -- one of my OH HELL NO moments. I think one of my reasons for wanting to get in shape so I can intimidate him without saying a word.

Last night I tried the Beachbody Hard Corps for the first time, and when all these amazing service members were doing burpees, all I could do was bend over and touch the floor. Ya know what? If that is all I can do, I'll keep doing it UNTIL I'M ABLE TO DO THE BURPEES WITH THEM! (Sorry for all the shouting.) Meanwhile I can't lift my legs much either. But I know it does and will get better!
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Donkey kick push ups.

I genuinely stood in my class and just stared at the instruction with a WTF?! expression.

That is me on some workout videos. Just look at the TV and be like, nope not doing that.

The worse thing was that he was a cover instructor, so the class was completely different. Normally it is weights with barbells and dumbells. It was just you and him and a crap ton of beatdown bodyweight exercises for an hour.

Actually, now I think about it, the worse thing was that he was covering next week as well so I knew what I was in for :(
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Donkey kick push ups.

I had to look these up. Found a couple different versions. All are "Oh, heck no!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUvExHWsBC8
  • Jeebles604
    Jeebles604 Posts: 16 Member
    BBG. Every workout is pain. And I'm only in the 3rd week. Every time, I'm like 'wtf, why is this kicking my a** so bad?'