Cravings

Options
hi all, I am a bit of a chocoholic. I am struggling to control my temptations, I am trying gum and peppermint tea, any other tips? What do you find works?

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Work some chocolate into your daily caloric allowance every day. Slow down and savor whatever portion you're given. There is no reason you can't have chocolate, but you need to plan for the calories accordingly.
  • BabyBabt
    BabyBabt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate I get a bar that has been cut into pieces. I allow myself 1-2 pieces and I put them back in the fridge. Also having some chocolate covered banana slices help too but again just limiting it to 1 or 2
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    BabyBabt wrote: »
    When I crave chocolate I get a bar that has been cut into pieces. I allow myself 1-2 pieces and I put them back in the fridge. Also having some chocolate covered banana slices help too but again just limiting it to 1 or 2

^ Please don't listen to them. Their diary is full of nightmares.
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    for me eating oats in the morning helps me not craving sweets that much. Some people say that a tbsp of apple vinegar in the morning or lemon water is good as well but I never tried.
  • PurpleSnack
    PurpleSnack Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I totally agree on working some chocolate in every day! I get a serious craving for chocolate every day after my dinner. I wait a while and have a cup of tea either with 29 grams dark chocolate (about 120 cals) or a purple snack (110 cals but higher in sugar).
    During the day when I think about having something sweet, I remind myself of the chocolate I'll be having in the evening and can keep myself going until then.
    To start off, you could break your chocolate in 2, have half in the morning and half in the evening to make it easier to cut down :)
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Whoa. What does "full of nightmares" mean? That "they" have accurately logged even when the going got rough? If so, kudos to babybabt. I struggle to do it because I fear how others might judge me.

I thought the advice was reasonable.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I vary in my response to cravings. Basically if it's a small craving I try to satisfy it with dark chocolate or a Fiber One bar. If it's a strong craving I ignore it. Because for me, those monster cravings aren't satisfied with one little piece. I'm better off going for a walk, or phoning a friend, or jumping in the car, or launching into a cleaning frenzy, or whatever else I can do to distract myself.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Whoa. What does "full of nightmares" mean? That "they" have accurately logged even when the going got rough? If so, kudos to babybabt. I struggle to do it because I fear how others might judge me.

I thought the advice was reasonable.

Their account SCREAMS OSFED / EDNOS.