Cravings

Okay people of My Fitness I need help controlling cravings. I can not help it food is too good these days and with Facebook having all those great food vidoes and great restaurants out there it's really hard not to eat out or good tasting but bad for you food. It's not like I eat and eat and eat but I need to figure out how to stop eating the not so healthy stuff. I think that's aa first step for me tone up and lose weight is to try and control my cravings.

Replies

• JamalIgle
    JamalIgle Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2016
    Never deny yourself. Just find a way to fit it in to your daily calories. If it means a little more cardio and maybe cutting something else, go for it. Cravings aren't detrimental, but if you try to be pious about your diet eventually the cravings will be too much. Moderation is the key, so occasional indulgences are fine.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    You probably meant to post this on the General Weight loss section....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    You're in the wrong section.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Okay people of My Fitness I need help controlling cravings. I can not help it food is too good these days and with Facebook having all those great food vidoes and great restaurants out there it's really hard not to eat out or good tasting but bad for you food. It's not like I eat and eat and eat but I need to figure out how to stop eating the not so healthy stuff. I think that's aa first step for me tone up and lose weight is to try and control my cravings.

@caitlynkc94 you are spot on based on what I have experience to successfully do this Goal: Maintaining Weight thing. Based on 40 years of y0 y0 body weight it was not until I found a macro that worked to take away 100% of my food cravings that I was able to lose and maintain my weight without doing any math on a daily bases.

Welcome to MFP and best of success. In my case it took me years of missteps to find my magic like macro that works for me. We can all have very different needs so very different macros so keep reading and experimenting to fine the macro that will take away your cravings. Often it may only be some key nutrient but our brain will keep us craving hoping we stumble upon what we need to have better health.