new to this and new to body awareness

Options
Hi everyone,
I had a look at MFP before and found it interesting and fascinating. I'm in my 30's and there is no denying about it. I have started dancing and observing myself in the mirror lately (i never cared before). And I decided I want to look leaner and more muscly and better built while getting stronger and improving my posture. I have started with yoga and the freeletics gym app and both are new to me and pretty hard for a weakling like me. So first I want to lose some body fat and gain some muscle. My first goal is to look better by mid July when I'm going on holidays (ideally going from ˜20% to about 10-15% body fat and gaining some muscle)!
I'd love to find companionship here, especially if they're new to the gym and weightlifting and maybe freeletics gym as well. It does seem to be very intimidating to start and not even be able to finish an exercise with a barbell without weights! The other thing is that I find it a lot of hassle to log all my calories while still trying to cook nice meals. So I'll probably only use MFP until I am on the right path and have changed my habits a bit.
Lastly: congrats to some of the people here who have done some incredible transformations. Changing something like food intake in your life is one of the hardest things to achieve as there are so many things involved, so you really show some amazing discipline which I need more of in my life.
let's do this!
Felix